Sign in to follow this  

94 610 rebuild

I have a line on a 610 that was recently seized. I can get the bike for $350. It is in OK shape, a little beat but ran perfect up unit a week ago when he seized it. He said it started fine but he did not let it warm up as his buddies were all ready to go and took off. He said he pinned it got about 1/2 a mile and it locked up tight. I'm hoping it might just need a piston and rings but I guess it could have rod and / or crank damage as well.

Anyone know what a piston and ring set for that goes for? Can you get aftermarket (Wisco?). That's a plated cylinder right?

thanks for any help.

K

thanks. What I really want to know is how much is a piston kit for these? Hard to get?

K

I would give George at Uptite a call, he's the man. Also, Fast by Feracci used to sell high compression pistons.

I don't know what they charge in the US,

but Wossner make a good replacement kit for the left kick Husky's,

at around half the cost of a genuine Husky one, here in the U.K.,

like you said it may be a simple strip and hone job, or it could mean a lot of parts.

D. Bailey may be able to give you some help on 610 parts for a bike of that age,

Charlie

I don't know what they charge in the US,

but Wossner make a good replacement kit for the left kick Husky's,

at around half the cost of a genuine Husky one, here in the U.K.,

like you said it may be a simple strip and hone job, or it could mean a lot of parts.

D. Bailey may be able to give you some help on 610 parts for a bike of that age,

Charlie

Do you know what it costs US? Maybe i could pay you to send me a kit? Just a thought.

Kelly

Wossner make a forged piston kit fitment is all Husky 610 from 1991-98.Later models 99-04 run a shorter piston as the later bikes have a longer con rod.

www.Taliesinracing.co.uk in the UK sell these for #135 pounds he also does rod kit. Do a search on Eb&Y he list a engine parts.

Also check the Ferracci site as they are listing a TE 610 up to 1998 piston kit for $149 this is very good price .But check listing as they list it fits the e-start sms610 also.This is most definetly wrong the e-start 610 piston has a different height again!

Phone them up & check it out.