Sign in to follow this  

06 RMZ 450 modifications

What are some mods i should make on my 2006 RMZ 450? I heard about an air box mod whats that about. I could use some help before i spend money. :thumbsup:

get some works connection radiator braces 1st up and a skid plate, then change the rear spring unless your a big boy it will be way to stiff for you, I have heard of guys cutting the screen out of the airfilter cage but i dont no if thats a good idea someone else maybe able to shed some light on that one.

Also the RG3 triple clamp is a good buy, Ive got one and will never go back to standard others will agree.

Whats the big deal about the RG3 Triple clamp?

Its so expensive... apart from look good (which it does)... what "real" difference does it provide for an average rider?

I am 185 w/0 gear. You think i need a lighter shock spring. I was told to go heavier with the fork springs.

I am 185 w/0 gear. You think i need a lighter shock spring. I was told to go heavier with the fork springs.

Damn! What is the stock spring weight for, 200+?

You might get by with the rear but definately stiffen up the front.

I am getting the forks and shock revalved. What weight springs do you think i should get.

will the 450 comes out with a 5.7 or a 5.8 rear spring here in NewZealand,check your specs in the manual to see if its the same in the states, and RG3 has got me running a 5.1 rear spring and standard springs up front and im 5.8" and 178lbs and im a top 10 pro rider down here,Race Tech & Pro Circuit both have spring rate conversion charts on there websites were you enter your weight & it gives you a guide as what to run.

I did some searching and the 06 450 comes out with a 5.4 rear spring in the states so I checked the Race Tech spring calculator an for a 185lb rider and the standard springs would be spot on front and rear.