Sign in to follow this  

crf or wr?

Curentley ride an xr 400 and a cr 500, looking for another bike, either 250 or 450 crf or wr, I heard all the bad about the crf valves, how does the Yamaha run compared to the crfs and hows reliability.

thanks

yamahas are awsome my dad has a wr250 and its great for trail riding. but in 07 the wr's are comin out with aluminum frames and they look way nice.. id get a yamaha over honda

If you ask this in a Yamaha forum, most likely you'll get a, "Go for the Yamaha" response and vise versa. You should really post this in the General forums (I think). Anyways good luck

my friend has an 04 crf250x and i have an 02 wr250, we switched for a ride and he said that my bike had way more power and was all aroud better and the only thing i liked about his was e-start

wr is the way to go

my friend has an 04 crf250x and i have an 02 wr250, we switched for a ride and he said that my bike had way more power and was all aroud better and the only thing i liked about his was e-start

wr is the way to go

yep my too basicly the same story only i have the e-start too. and i have a 06 wr and my friend has a 05 crf250x. get the yamaha you will not regret it.

Curentley ride an xr 400 and a cr 500, looking for another bike, either 250 or 450 crf or wr, I heard all the bad about the crf valves, how does the Yamaha run compared to the crfs and hows reliability.

thanks

If you ride a 500, skip the 250's as they are gutless.

I hope you keep your 500, they won't ever make them again.

Well I'm a die-hard Yamaha fan, let's just get that out there first. However, if the choice is between a CRF and a WR, I would have to say go with the CRF450. Maybe it's just me, but I like the snappy power of a motocross bike and the CRF450 is an AWESOME bike, unlike it's little brother :thumbsup:

Well I'm a die-hard Yamaha fan, let's just get that out there first. However, if the choice is between a CRF and a WR, I would have to say go with the CRF450. Maybe it's just me, but I like the snappy power of a motocross bike and the CRF450 is an AWESOME bike, unlike it's little brother :thumbsup:

I think they have got their valve issues sorted now too. I haven't really heard of too many problems with the new bikes. That is a good thing too, Honda make some sano bikes!

Are you crazy, keep that CR 500! I am a Yamaha man but any two stroke 500 is basically on the extinct list. Those bikes are basically like holding on to a rocket ship on wheels. I had a KX 500 but I only would get full potential in the dunes so I sold it! I have learned that it will be hard to match that sort of explosiveness. I know that the CRF and the WR both are an excellent choice, I have a WR and have never had a problem of any kind (not even starting)! Whatever you choose will do the job no problem. I would take the WR but whatever...

I plan on keeping the 500, its a blast on open roads and dunes, Still not sure what to do with the xr, Runs decent, starts hard half the time, suspesions not bad, How does the 250 run compared to the xr 400, Bottom,middle,and topend. The bike would be used for tight-technical riding and slow boulder pile climbing.

Also how tall is the new 250's i had to lower the xr a but to make it confortable and safe for me to touch. I am 5'6"

thanks everyone

Also should i buy now or wait for the 2007 models with the fancy new frames

Wait...............

Definately wait!