Sign in to follow this  

Colorado 500, 7 Days to go

Well its 7 days to go, till the start of the greatest trail ride ever :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: 2 nights of pre-party with Team Texas :applause::applause::thumbsup::applause: then we ride :ride::applause::applause::applause:

Give my best to the TT'ers and tell 'em I'll catch 'em next year...

<thweeeEEET HYA!>

Give my best to the TT'ers and tell 'em I'll catch 'em next year...

<thweeeEEET HYA!>

Merf you and the boys will be missed, next yr. we'll make up for it :thumbsup:

How does one go about trying to get invited to "the best trail ride ever"? :ride: Not like I ever will, but at least I would know!! :thumbsup:

How does one go about trying to get invited to "the best trail ride ever"? :ride: Not like I ever will, but at least I would know!! :thumbsup:

Hmmmm....and I will be coming to CO during the same week with the bike. It is a last minute impromptu trip so I will have to look for some local guides.

Have fun guys....and be safe! :applause:

I think bribery with cash and liquor is the best way.

Basically, you have to know someone who has gone before and invites you as a rookie. Then you "may" get to go depending on how many rookies get invited that year.

At least I think that is the deal.

Hokie, that's pretty much the deal. You have be invited by someone that already goes to the event. After that you can go on your own and invite your own rookies.

About 8 years ago, the first person in our group got invited by someone he knew out of state. That person invited someone else the next year and so forth. This year, 11 people are going in our group.

Hokie, that's pretty much the deal. You have be invited by someone that already goes to the event. After that you can go on your own and invite your own rookies.

About 8 years ago, the first person in our group got invited by someone he knew out of state. That person invited someone else the next year and so forth. This year, 11 people are going in our group.

Two years ago I was on vacation fishing on the frying pan river the weekend the 500 started. I saw the staging area every day when I was driving around.

I was so jealous I could hardly have any fun fishing.

You were at Wally's ranch. If you ever get invited, don't pass it up.

You were at Wally's ranch. If you ever get invited, don't pass it up.

Don't worry, if I ever get the invite I am going.

Team Texas? And the your address is from Colorado :thumbsup: ! The Outlaw awaits us all in 11 days. Even the Monkey Butt guys from Colorado look forward to this event.

Team Texas? And the your address is from Colorado :thumbsup: ! The Outlaw awaits us all in 11 days. Even the Monkey Butt guys from Colorado look forward to this event.

The Team Texas guys are just a good bunch of guys. Only about 1/2 are actually from Texas...

The Team Texas guys are just a good bunch of guys. Only about 1/2 are actually from Texas...

1/2? You are being way too kind. A great bunch of guys and good riders. And it is funny as h@#$ to watch the Colorado boys try to do the whistle cattle call at the Outlaw after a few beers.

As a Basalt resident and participant of the 500, we look forward to seeing all the dirt bikes rolling into town this week.

7 more days. We can hardly wait.

:thumbsup:

1/2? And it is funny as h@#$ to watch the Colorado boys try to do the whistle cattle call at the Outlaw after a few beers.

:thumbsup:

don't be insulted Merf your "shEEEE YAAA" is rite up there with the best of em

1/2? You are being way too kind. A great bunch of guys and good riders. And it is funny as h@#$ to watch the Colorado boys try to do the whistle cattle call at the Outlaw after a few beers.

:

Careful now, they guy that started that is indeed from team texas but he is a Colorado boy, Scott Nix.

Have to pass this year. See you all next year. :ride:

Have a safe ride. :thumbsup:

Jusst up at the Ranch and already bikes are starting to show up. The typical early arrivals but it is nice to see the bikes starting to come in.

6 more days until the big event. But who is counting.

don't be insulted Merf your "shEEEE YAAA" is rite up there with the best of em

LOL.. not insulted at all, remember, I'm Texan by birth, Coloradoan by choice. :thumbsup: