Sign in to follow this  

TE510 Questions

Hey all,

Im really sorry if this has alreay been answered on another post, but I looked around and found very little so...

Im pretty set on getting an 07 TE510 when they hit stores(Im told in a month or so), I just need a little clarification on to make it official;

Is there a slightly different model for cali than other states? I know they say "50 state legal" and all, I just dont want to get burned. The reason I ask is my home is San Diego, but im stationed in San Antonio, TX. When my term is up (in a little over a year) Ill most likely migrate back to S.D. Id ilke to get the bike from our dealer here, and it would come Texas street legal, I just want to make sure I wont run into problems when I go back to S.D.

From reading other posts on here its my understanding that over there the bike needs the "meets on-highway standards" kinda sticker. So I called our Husky dealer about it and he really didnt know what I was talking about. Do these bikes have this?

Any info or advice would make my day!

As I understand it. Husky built the bikes to certify in the most stringent state, probably CA. Everywhere else requires less so the bikes are also legal there as well.

Thanks for your service.

Hey all,

Im really sorry if this has alreay been answered on another post, but I looked around and found very little so...

Im pretty set on getting an 07 TE510 when they hit stores(Im told in a month or so), I just need a little clarification on to make it official;

Is there a slightly different model for cali than other states? I know they say "50 state legal" and all, I just dont want to get burned. The reason I ask is my home is San Diego, but im stationed in San Antonio, TX. When my term is up (in a little over a year) Ill most likely migrate back to S.D. Id ilke to get the bike from our dealer here, and it would come Texas street legal, I just want to make sure I wont run into problems when I go back to S.D.

From reading other posts on here its my understanding that over there the bike needs the "meets on-highway standards" kinda sticker. So I called our Husky dealer about it and he really didnt know what I was talking about. Do these bikes have this?

Any info or advice would make my day!

The bikes do have a sticker stating that they meet Federal and CA emissions standards for on road use. More importantly, they are certified by CARB as being emissions compliant and therefore factory street legal. Any good dealer should be able to run the paperwork through the DMV for you if purchased new. Any dealer that did not do this would not get my business. Husky did this right and there are no potential snags. Good luck.

R

The stickers on the bike clearly state compliance with Federal and CA regulations for noise and emissions. I had to register my '06 SMR510 at the San Clemente DMV and once they read the stickers it wasn't exactly quick, but it was definitely a painless process. I got from another web site a copy of the government certificate that showed that all the '06 Husky models had been approved, but I did not need to show it. I would expect the same to apply to all '07 Huskys too.

Thanks guys! Thats exactly what I wanted to hear! Now I can feel comfortable ploppin down a deposit this weekend.