Sign in to follow this  

Here is best deal on 07 RM-Z 450

Maybe you missed the asterick next to the price and the fine print. That's no deal.

Read this article and then tell us how good a deal that is.

http://www.ago.mo.gov/newsreleases/2006/010906.htm

Attorney General's News Release

January 9, 2006

Nixon accuses Columbia, Springfield motorcycle dealers of bait-and-switch; lawsuits seek refunds for consumers

Jefferson City, Mo. — Attorney General Jay Nixon wants to put the brakes on three Missouri motorcycle and all-terrain vehicle dealers that he says lure customers through misleading advertisements. ProCycle has two locations in Springfield and one in Columbia, and Nixon says the dealerships, in some instances, promised one price for merchandise while charging another.

Nixon’s lawsuits, filed today in Boone and Greene County circuit courts, say ProCycle employees confirm the advertised price to customers. Some consumers who buy the merchandise, however, have complained that they were hit with additional back-room fees for processing, set-up, credit-card surcharges and other costs.

"This is your classic bait-and-switch scheme," Nixon said. "ProCycle is bringing customers in the door by advertising one price, reassuring them of that price, then hitting them with hundreds of dollars in extra fees. Misleading consumers that way is not allowed under Missouri law."

Nixon also says ProCycle of Columbia ran radio commercials saying it had no hidden fees. Nixon says his office took at least 25 consumer complaints against ProCycle of Columbia and 20 complaints against the Springfield locations. All three locations have the same owners.

Nixon’s lawsuit asks the court to order ProCycle to fully reimburse consumers who bought merchandise for a higher price than advertised; pay a penalty of $1,000 per violation of Missouri’s merchandising laws; and reimburse Nixon’s office for its investigative and legal costs.

Consumers may file complaints with the Attorney General’s Office on this or other cases by calling the Consumer Protection Hotline at 1-800-392-8222 or going to www.ago.mo.gov to download a complaint form.

oops i didnt think they had more than maybe 350 bucks of other charges though. so that might still be a good deal right? :thumbsup:

I don't know what your tax rate is but whatever the advertised price is add $1000 to the price. Tax alone will be more than $350 plus setup which can be as high as $500 then license and registration $150. Only way that a good deal is if they waive the setup fee. And still thats not an amazing price.

I always buy local and never have to pay sales tax. I think on my 05 I only paid a 50 dollar fee and that was for putting the bike together.

I second that for bartlesville cyclesports!I bought my 2005 honda 450 there and i was in and out in less than 15 minutes.Everything they told me about the process was spoton no BS tax or fees.I would buy from them again but they dont sell yamaha's.

I second that for bartlesville cyclesports!I bought my 2005 honda 450 there and i was in and out in less than 15 minutes.Everything they told me about the process was spoton no BS tax or fees.I would buy from them again but they dont sell yamaha's.

what about shipping to another state?..............procycle says its 374 with prep, freight etc plus maybe 2-300 for shipping to another state? still pretty good deal........7000g otd for honda in ca

You could call bartlesville and see if they ship but i dont know if they do.I didnt think procycle did at all.I called them to see about a 2007 yzf450 and they were one of the highest priced dealers i called.

Aaaarggghhhh... You guys are so lucky! A new 450f or 250f will set you back around $9000 US here!

Aaaarggghhhh... You guys are so lucky! A new 450f or 250f will set you back around $9000 US here!

yeah but you guys already have your ktms! :thumbsup:

I got my 06' rmz 450 from deep creek marina in maryland. Cheapest place i found anywhere....$5960 OTD!!! Sold for $5810 +100 setup and 50 document fee..that's it...

Yeaah, i could agree with that one where i am from too! Shipping and duty really spoils the deal.