Sign in to follow this  

Heeeeeeeeeeeeelllppppp Plz!!!

Hey Guys!

:applause:

This may seem like a stupid question.

BUT I have jus purchased a GYTR billte gold ignition cover and i have also installed a gytr hevy flywheel weight. i was just wondering if someone hasd the same setup and whetther the cove fitted over the new flywheel? I ask because mine fits over but im not to sure if the flywheel is slightly rubbing on the cover.

Does the flywheel spin when in neutral?

Also i started my 06 yz 250 up today and its been about a month without being started and when i started it it started to smoke from the black overflow tube a little is this normal?

Thanks so much for your responses in advance

Cheers :thumbsup::ride:

Not sure if you need a spacer with the GYTR cover and flywheel. I know Steahly makes a spacer. Ask RCannon. I think he ran into a similar issue when he installed the GYTR flywheel and a different aftermarket cover also - maybe a Boyesen, but I'm not sure.

I did have that same issue.....Damn you, by the way, for getting a GYTR ignition cover. We cannot get those Stateside.

I just bought a spacer that Steahly uses for his flywheels. 23.00 with shipping. It will space out a boyesen cover enough to be used with the gytr flywheel.

Satch posted a close up picture of this mod. It looks fine and does not hurt anything.

Look about 1/2 way down this thread for his spacer. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=403186

It looks cool as can be.

When I put on my MSR Flywheel weight the directions mentioned that there are slots that need to be matched up.

You might consider loosening the flywheel weight and rotating the weight on the flywheel to see if the slots aren't lined up. There is a noticable saving of width when it drops into the slots.

When I put on my MSR Flywheel weight the directions mentioned that there are slots that need to be matched up.

You might consider loosening the flywheel weight and rotating the weight on the flywheel to see if the slots aren't lined up. There is a noticable saving of width when it drops into the slots.

Yes...how true. I did this on my old yz. It made it about 1 mile before the flywheel came loose. This was a long and embarrasing push home! LOL

If possible, can you post a picture of the gold gytr cover??? I would love to see one.

Hey Guys!

This may seem like a stupid question.

BUT I have jus purchased a GYTR billte gold ignition cover and i have also installed a gytr hevy flywheel weight. i was just wondering if someone hasd the same setup and whetther the cove fitted over the new flywheel? I ask because mine fits over but im not to sure if the flywheel is slightly rubbing on the cover.

Does the flywheel spin when in neutral?

Also i started my 06 yz 250 up today and its been about a month without being started and when i started it it started to smoke from the black overflow tube a little is this normal?

Thanks so much for your responses in advance

Cheers :thumbsup::ride:

Try 2 gaskets champ.

That is a good looking cover. Damn shame that it wont fit. My Steahly gasket/spacer arrived on friday. It allows the use of the heavy flywheel and the boyesen cover with no problem.

I wonder why Yamaha does not offer the gold clutch or ignition cover to us in the states????