Sign in to follow this  

2002 TE570 A few Questions, Dual Sport Power system related

Ok...

So I've found out everything to get my bike street legal in Utah. But now I have a few questions for you guys. My bike came with a Signal/high beam indicator bezel, with a spot for what looks like a Speedometer. i bought the bike used, and this wasn't installed but I bolted it on hoping to tap into it with my dual sport kit. However I was wondering if there is a stock combo switch for blinkers etc. that would be better suited.

Also did the 2002 TE570 come with a rectifier/Battery? What is the little black box bolted to the side of the steer tube, behind the headlight on the left hand side (assuming you're sitting on the bike). It's wired just before the headlight, is this just a headlight regulator to prevent headlight damage since there is no battery system?

Is there a specific rectifier/battery system anyone recommends?

And is the black box behind the handlebars and to the front of the gas tank maybe a little under, the ignition module of sorts? I see it has wires go into it as well, and come out. I don't have a wiring diagram for this bike some I'm kind of figuring it out on my own.

Thanks for all your help... oh and patience with me :thumbsup:

Richie

Here's a picture of the little bezel that I have on my bike:

http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=1828&fPicId=55963

are there replacement parts for this unit somewhere online? The p ictured unit says 500 on it, I think mine says 700 but it's broken. Anyone have one for sale? And is there a wiring diagram somewhere available that has everything I need to make the indicators actually do something?

Thanks again.