Sign in to follow this  

dualsport riding makes you sharp

Tonight i ran a couple of laps on a MX track on my sons KX250f. I retired from mx racing about 4 years ago. I have to say tonight was like riding on marbles.

I could not believe the lack of feel I had for the terrain. I have been riding the wheels off my sm and I just realized after tonight that I need to get back in the dirt.

You guys that dualsport ride are in my opinion much better street riders because of it. If one can control a bike on changing terrain, then he is definitely a better on the street. Another reason the DRZ rider is smarter than the average dog!

My son is sponsored by Kawasaki and we are getting our 2007s soon. I am def going to be spending more time on one.

Just like the old saying goes, use it or lose it!

I'm kind of in the other direction. Try riding your SM in the dirt, then jump on an MX bike. You'll feel like Ricky Carmichael. Going from my SM to my ZX-10R is fun, too. I find myself power sliding the rear of the ZX-10 all over the place. I used to let up when it would step out. Now I just go with it. I would've never gotten used to this without riding the SM.