Some of the CCC mods couple questions

Couple quick questions I've got a 05 with some CCC mods, namely the airbox, jetting, pink wire, exhaust baffle out. Bike works great now the next steps are the cam and headpipe. I have searched and have lots of info on hotcams vs. R cam.

My bike 05 250x, my riding, dunes 20%, small private track 40%, trails out west 40%. Which year or R cam should I consider (if not the Hotcams) 04 05 or 06?

I have a 05 R headpipe now on the shelf, would there be any benefit to running it with the Xcam and above mods if I do not have the new cam in yet?

Dont cut pink wire, will cause you valve probs, go with stage one hotcam for bottom/medium end and stage two for racing and more top end. I myself would put a hotcam in instead of a R cam, i think they have the same rating for maintenence on valve adjustment. If im not mistaken i think the headpipe is the same for the x and the r? Just remember a shop will always tell you "yeah u better bring the bike in every 10 hours of riding, to check the valves." they make money that way by suggesting maintenence. Look at what your manuel says for maintenence after a short time. Piston valves, basically the whole damn engine is bad after a while lol.Shop would make bank from that. A new exhaust would be nice i think for you. Lighten it up a ton.

I have ridden an 04 crf250 R, and it had very little bottom end. It was all top end power. I have about 20 hours on my 04 X with a 05 R cam. It gives up some bottom, but the mid to top is much more noticable. That is were i ride. I also have an 06 R head. I am pleased with the results. Now I just need the 270 or 280 kit!!!

I put the R head pipe on my bike and it made a huge difference in the mid and top I won't even put the X pipe back on. I also run the R can on the track which seems to help a lot. I still run the X can in the trees just because the R is way to loud and has no spark arrestor.

Drop a tooth in the front. Mine has all the low end I need.

I did that a while back and felt like I was shifting way too much and put it back. I'm sure it would be nice to have that lower gearing on those tight trails but on the track a 13 tooth is pretty much worthless.

HotCam Stage 1 cam and CHM P-4R exhaust. You can get the quiet insert for the exhaust if it is too loud. I had the HotCam with the stock exhaust and it was an improvement but not as much as I expected. I added the CHM exhaust and now I'm happy. The cam needs a free flowing exhaust, the X exhaust is too restrictive. Haven't tried the pink wire mod yet, but that is next.

I put the R head pipe on my bike and it made a huge difference in the mid and top I won't even put the X pipe back on. I also run the R can on the track which seems to help a lot. I still run the X can in the trees just because the R is way to loud and has no spark arrestor.

Did you leave the X CAM with the R head pipe?

Thnx