Sign in to follow this  

ABS for mxers

Hey All,

Has anyone used these?

www.lifesavertcb.com

Its a bolt on for all bikes, that makes the bike have an ABS action when braking.

Was gonna get some, but not sure.

Anyone had anything to do with them??

Cheers

Bezza.

No benifit from that... Unless you are street riding it could possibly help. On a dirtbike all the of stoping power comes from the front brake. Steer with the back brake, stop with the front.

ABS is a VERY bad idea on the dirt, it gets completly confused because of the lack of grip in the dirt. Thats why the BMW 1200GS adventurer and equivilant comes with an option to turn off the ABS for use in the dirt.

You already have abs, it's just a combination of hearing, feel and hand/foot-brain cooridnation.

I like this quote from the testimonials:

"I feel much safer knowing that I can just use the front brake to stop and not have to worry about flipping the bike on top of me."

They're playing off of the fears of the uninformed who believe that the front brake is somehow dangerous to use to it's full affect...

There's a reason the highest performing motorcyles don't have ABS (off OR on road bikes). With no booster device needed on a motorcycle's brakes they provide tremendous "feel". That "feel" allows for maximum braking better than any known anti-lock system can provide. Having maximum braking ability available is part of riding a bike safely. There's no substitute for learning and practicing proper braking technique.