I'm starting to take note that the XR400 is....

The XR400, became legendary in it's short existence. As Honda quit making them, their value will remain, especially for nicer ones. I believe the same will be true of the XR650R when they quit making it.

They really are nice bikes but just not quite enough oomph for my type of riding or I'd get one of those I think.

I've seen the same thing but the 400 is for almost everyone with honda quality and ridable rite out of the box, the 650r is only for people that are more advanced riders and can work one there own bike, cause who would want to ride a stock 650r?

the 650r is only for people that are more advanced riders and can work one there own bike, cause who would want to ride a stock 650r?

I would have to disagree with you on that one BIG RED

I am an advanced rider and when I decided on the XR400 it was because of the type of riding I like to do not because I scared of the 650's power. Where I ride there are not to many place were a 650 would have the advantage over my 400

90% rider 10% bike

You think because I have a 400 I don't like working on it.... ?

I would have to disagree with you on that one BIG RED

I am an advanced rider and when I decided on the XR400 it was because of the type of riding I like to do not because I scared of the 650's power. Where I ride there are not to many place were a 650 would have the advantage over my 400

90% rider 10% bike

You think because I have a 400 I don't like working on it.... ?

I agree with you Triple B. I had both at one time (both new 2000 yr models) and the 6fitty was not appropriate for my intended use, dont get me wrong it would holeshot anyone at the cross country races and was a nice "on vacation" bike, but as I got older I took up enduro racing and the XR400 with the 440 kit suited me much better. You can see I can work on my own bike. See "My Garage" for one tricked out XR440. It is not the bike it is the rider.

100_4443.jpg

I agree with you Triple B. I had both at one time (both new 2000 yr models) and the 6fitty was not appropriate for my intended use, dont get me wrong it would holeshot anyone at the cross country races and was a nice "on vacation" bike, but as I got older I took up enduro racing and the XR400 with the 440 kit suited me much better. You can see I can work on my own bike. See "My Garage" for one tricked out XR440. It is not the bike it is the rider.

100_4443.jpg

Very cool XR and one of a kind I guess. ?