Sign in to follow this  

can i lap in kibblewhite valves??

got myself a set of kibblewhite SS valves and need to know if i can lap them in.. i know you cant lap in Ti ones because of the coating but are these ok to lap in?

I wouldnt lap them if I were you. If your seats are worn get them re-cut by a professional.

I wouldnt lap them if I were you. If your seats are worn get them re-cut by a professional.

Yep, it's best to have the seats cut, especially if your valves had mushroomed. This will esnire that your new valves will seal properly and last longer...P.S. Don't forget to replace the springs with springs for the SS valves !

got myself a set of kibblewhite SS valves and need to know if i can lap them in.. i know you cant lap in Ti ones because of the coating but are these ok to lap in?

these guys are correct you need to have you seats cut and straightened out , ( i don't use the heavy ss kibblewite stuff , i would rather see you use something better and lighter that requires less spring to control - :ride: )

but yes you must use the heavy spring kit if you use the way to heavy ss valves ,

but i will bet that your guides are loose and you need to replace them also :thumbsup:

DO NOT LAP THE VAVLES me and my mechanics learned the hard way you might as well take a hand full of dirt and dump it into your motor

just dont do it

DO NOT LAP THE VAVLES me and my mechanics learned the hard way you might as well take a hand full of dirt and dump it into your motor

just dont do it

Doesn't get much clearer than that.

At the point of recutting the seats and installing new guides, heck you might as well just buy a new head that comes with brand new seats and guides!

How many people think the ridiculously expensive Pro-Circuit valves are still good now that Villopoto has suffered 2 DNF's due to valve failure?

At the point of recutting the seats and installing new guides, heck you might as well just buy a new head that comes with brand new seats and guides!

yeah,,, & no waiting for the machine shop :thumbsup:

How many people think the ridiculously expensive Pro-Circuit valves are still good now that Villopoto has suffered 2 DNF's due to valve failure?

i hate to say it but most of the brand new guides in these honda heads are loose ,

so you have to really check , and the first failure that Langston and villopoto suffered were crank issues,

but yes he had a valve failure in Washington, ( supposedly the head came off the stem like the 06 yamahas will do when the piston tags it ---)

and yes Mich will be changing who's ti valves he uses after this ,---even tho it may not have been what was initially wrong , ---like the Yamaha's---the head should not have come off the valve only further ruining way more parts ------like the yamaha will do .

just dont do it

Crystal clear. That ain't gonna happen on MY bike!!!