Sign in to follow this  

4 stroke reliability

i am looking for information concerning reliability of the newer 4 stoke 450's.

i current own a 2004 kx250f and have had numerous issues with the valves and valve buckets. as of right now i am considering purchasing a yz450f or a rmz450. i am just looking for any information anyone could provide.

thanks

i am looking for information concerning reliability of the newer 4 stoke 450's.

i current own a 2004 kx250f and have had numerous issues with the valves and valve buckets. as of right now i am considering purchasing a yz450f or a rmz450. i am just looking for any information anyone could provide.

thanks

Well if I remember correctly, that year kxf and rmz were riddled with valve problems to begin with. I have an 06 CRF450 and have had no problems yet within the 3 months ive had it, and the valves have not moved at all. From everyone who owns a yzf they speak as though the thing is indestructable. In fact I know of people who havent checked the valves on their yz450f's for years and they were just then going out of spec.

Yep on my 02 yzf I've only had 1 valve go out of spec.

deided to go with the yz450f.

going to get a leftover 06 or a white and silver 07 in mid september.

Either one (same bike), you won't be disappointed!!!! :thumbsup:

Funny, my 2004 KXF has had no valve or valve bucket issues. Get a good valve job done and new stock valves and springs and your bike will be fine.