Sign in to follow this  

What works and What doesn't?

I have a 04 CR 250 that is basically stock.I am very happy with the bike but am looking to make it the best it can be. I ride offroad only and am interested in finding out about motor and suspension mods that improve this bike.

well for offroad here are a few mods that I have done too my 02..

flywheel weight

I went with fatty but gnarly is better for woods

boyesen reed cage smooths out the power a bit and adds bottom

boyesen exhaust flange

I had steve at moto814 split cases port/epoxy cases, port/epoxy cylinder and rework head

Barnett clutch backet

hinson inner hub

hinson pressure plate

stock clutch fibers with steel plates

Factory connection revalve and a few works internals

Those are some of the mods I would say 1st thing you do is get flywheel weight,50 tooth sprocket,gnarly and boysen reed cage. I think you will be happy with those too start..

I have a 04 CR 250 that is basically stock.I am very happy with the bike but am looking to make it the best it can be. I ride offroad only and am interested in finding out about motor and suspension mods that improve this bike.

Remove the motor and put a CR500 motor in there :thumbsup:

You've said in other posts you're satisfied with the motor for what you're using it for..I would look into having the suspension revalved for your weight and terrain.

since you ride trails exclusively, you would definlty benefit from a revalve, factory connection and mb1 seem to be the "go to" guys for showa stuff..but thats for moto, im sure they could do woods stuff too

You've said in other posts you're satisfied with the motor for what you're using it for..I would look into having the suspension revalved for your weight and terrain.

since you ride trails exclusively, you would definlty benefit from a revalve, factory connection and mb1 seem to be the "go to" guys for showa stuff..but thats for moto, im sure they could do woods stuff too

I have been talking too Fc everyday I just got my stuff back. I do everthing from gncc,hairscrambles too mx. I a b level rider and had them setup for a mix of stuff. After I ride it next week I will post how I like it. But for 1500 $ I hope I like it lol . I'm also going too slap a scott's stearing stabalizer on it afte I ride the suspension a few times.

After I ride it next week I will post how I like it.
Looking forward to a full report :thumbsup: .