Sign in to follow this  

What tire size?

I'm going to buy a KT-966 for my DR650. The choices I've seen are a 4.60/17 or a 5.10/17. Of course the factory is a 120/90-17. Which of the 2 is closest to the factory size? Also, where is the best deal for tires?

One last thing. When you buy tires do you buy matching sets? The match to the 966 is the 967. I have read good things about the rear 966 but have not seen much on the front 967. What are my options for a front. I ride 80/20.

You should be able to find a tire conversion chart that shows metric to standard sizes. I was looking at one the other day but cant find the link. Just google one. I currently ride 100% street because I just moved to Toronto and havent found any good riding. I put a 130 width rear on and it is nice. It is a Maxxis Traxer and is awesome on the street with deep enough tread that it could still handle some dirt and be better than the stock Deathwing for sure. Havent done any research on the front yet, stocker still has lots of life.

I believe the original tire is a 4.60 (converted 120), I'm running a Kenda K270 5.10 (converted 130), it fits well, no rubbing.

I did find a conversion chart. Like sandblaster said it converts to a 4.60. I was mainly concerned if the King 4.60 tire is the same as other 4.60 tires. I would assume that it would be close.