Sign in to follow this  

scatched plastics

Alright so i recently let a friend drive my 150 (bad idea, but he gave me a coke) and he wiped out doing about seventy so anyways he scratched the shit out of the front fender side panel and part of the number plate...and he had to get 2 stitches in his foot and four in his elbow.. but i was just wondering if there was any cheaper alternative to replacing the plastics ?

If he was doing 70 it would have been alot worse than that. Oh yeah, A 150 won't do 70.

Go to a auto supply store such as NAPA and get some 2500 (twenty five hundred) grit sandpaper,then sand the scratches out. It will get the worse of it. If the scratches are real deep, you may have to start with 1500 grit, then 2000 grit then finish with the 2500. If that's not good enough, get a bottle of "Novus" scratch remover from JC Whitney, or maybe even at the auto supply store. Follow the directions, that stuff does a very good job.

i used the fine grit sand paper and it got rid of the gouges but left a white residue that wont disapear

i used the fine grit sand paper and it got rid of the gouges but left a white residue that wont disapear

That "Novus" scratch remover should get that milky white color out. It's made for removing scratches on face shields and plastic wind shields. It doesn't leave the milky look on face shields, I use it all the time. It's around $12 a bottle, and I can do my face shield 20 times or so. Saves me lots of money because new shields are $25 each.

It says on the bottle it will even restore CD's and DVD's, so it's got to be a very fine polish.

if you wanted to replace the plastics all together, then Maier makes replacements for the 150/230's at a fraction of OEM Honda cost. you can also get 'em in black! :thumbsup: