Sign in to follow this  

What one motorcycle for every type of riding you do?

If you could only have one motorcycle for every use, what would you have?

I'm more into riding trails than tracks now so for me it would have to be a dual-sported '07 KTM 525EXC w/ the wide ratio 6 speed tranny. It has plenty of power for street cruising and dune riding and is light and agile enough for tight woods trails (249 lbs.). It can even handle track use.

For now, I have my second best choice which is a dual sported Yamaha WR426. This bike is almost perfect for all the uses I have because it has plenty of power (except I could use some more for some street use) is light weight (239 lbs. dry) doesn't have e-start (don't really need it, adds a few lbs.) and has a larger tank than the WR450 (3.17 gal.). It has been great for road use, tight trails, wide-open fire roads, and dune riding. The only thing I would change about my WR426 is I wish that it had a 6th gear because I have to run slightlyl too high of gearing to keep the RPM's down when cruising above 60 mph and when I hit very tight trails even 1st gear can be too high. If it had a 6 speed, I could keep lower than stock gearing and still be able to cruise at higher speeds on the street. That is the WR426's one flaw.

If I could have a few bikes for different uses, I would have a KTM 525EXC, CR500 for the dunes, KTM 640 Adventure for long distance dual sport trail rides, KTM 625 SMC for street use, etc.

no street for me..asphalt doesn't give :thumbsup:...i have ridden everything..and i'll take my kx500. once i put the fww on, it made it perfect..can putt on the single track, then fly thru the desert. the only problem is the weight,which is still less than the big 4 strokes...the service honda would be nice, but i prefer the kawi motor...just my 2 cents...p.s. i need the ccs...6' 300 lbs(hence the name) lol

i wouldnt have a bike that was on and off road. not my style.

so for me, it would be my 250X.

if im on the street, its gonna be on the gixxer.

If I could only have one bike, it'd have to be a supermoto bike with a set of dirt wheels to swap out.

But, I'd rather have a supermoto bike, a 4-stroke dirt bike, a 2-stroke dirt bike, a sport bike, a sport touring bike, a touring bike, an adventure touring bike, a pit bike, and city 'beater' bike :thumbsup:

I've kind of got what I need now, a CRF450 for the the track, and a CR250 for the trails. I would like to have a WR450 too.

If I could only have one bike, it would probably be a 250 smoker so I could do it all and the maintnance would be cheap.

I would like a YZF250 for track

KTM 525 EXC for offroad racing.

Ktm 250 EXC for enduro.

I hate assphalt riding on a dirt bike.

Right now since I`m poor i have a cr250 and i can do it all.

Well it lacks top speed and a big tanlk for offroad racing but its cheap and versatile.

Go for the :ride: WR (250 or 450).

This bike can be ridden on the trail, the mx track and the street.

It is truly a multi-purpose bike with plenty of power and a great chassis and compliant suspension.

It is awesome. :thumbsup:

I don't ride motocross. For me it's an XR650R. It handles everything from dunes to dozens of 75mph freeway miles at a time.

I'd have to get me one of these!

992cc 100bhp.....

Said to be around $13k early in 07'

If this bike does not excite you... you don't have any blood in your veins :thumbsup:

i_04_1024.jpg

i_03_1024.jpg

A quote from the Duc site:

"The Ducati Hypermotard incarnates the strength, the fun and the high performance of an extreme supermotard – re-thought in pure Ducati style: 100 hp weighing just 175 Kg (385 lbs); an idea, a dream for every biker that today will become a reality and will be added to the amazing Ducati line-up. The Ducati Hypermotard will be in dealer showrooms in Spring 2007"

The question is what one bike can do it all. I would say my Suzuki DRZ400 Supermotard. I would also agree with the street legal KTM525exc or maybe a 625SMC would be a great choice.

In the garage

2001 Ducati 996S

2001 Aprilia RSV Mille R

2001 Yamaha WR250

2003 Suzuki RM100, daughters bike

2003 Kawasaki 650 Praire

2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM

1974 Suzuki TM400