Sign in to follow this  

Newbie number question

Okay so im going to be entering into my first race and I dont know what size numbers to order. My issued number is 777, do you guys think the 7 inch tall numbers will look right and fit with black backgrounds?

3 7" #7s should fit with a little trimming. What year bike are you runnning?

Pretty cool you were issued #777, where are you racing at? Why do you have black backgrounds on a 450? Just curious?

im gonna be running a 07' in the beginner class. I just like the white number against the black background. Its not for sure that im 777 yet but I dont see anyone else in my class or series with the number so im hoping I get it.

It may be a little more $$ but I would just get the pre-printed backgrounds then there will be no "trimming". At least it will fit on there exactly right and you don't have to worry about aligning the numbers.

I also went for white numbers against a black background on my 450. If/when I need new ones I will probably just go for black numbers on white backgound.

Okay so im going to be entering into my first race and I dont know what size numbers to order. My issued number is 777, do you guys think the 7 inch tall numbers will look right and fit with black backgrounds?

When you a sign up w/your District or organization they will assign you a number. Sometimes they let you put down a couple of choices and if they're available, you get them. Call/email the org ahead of time. 777 may be up for grabs!

I second the opinion on the preprinted backgrounds. The #'s look much better.

It may be a little more $$ but I would just get the pre-printed backgrounds then there will be no "trimming". At least it will fit on there exactly right and you don't have to worry about aligning the numbers.

I also went for white numbers against a black background on my 450. If/when I need new ones I will probably just go for black numbers on white backgound.

I think that's the only way to go. When it's all said and done, it's really no much more $$.

I think that's the only way to go. When it's all said and done, it's really no much more $$.

I agree, check out http://www.decalmx.com/mxbkgs.ihtml

Call and ask for Ron, let him know ProMed sent you and he will hook you up! :thumbsup:

815-784-4000

Yeah, i will deffinatly go with the pre-printed next time since I already have the backgrounds. Just waiting for a the confirmation on the number choice.