need some advice

im going to be redoing my bike this fall and wanted to know what you guys think (mainly kelstr, rhc, cv4, and crowerpower). here are my 2 options:

Hot Cam 2

JE piston (high compression)

Honda Ti valves

Crower high lift springs

or:

Crower Sportsman package (piston, cam, etc)

honda Ti valves

i am lost. i would get a lot more with the first one but i dont know how the power/reliability compares to the second one. any info would be great. thanks

im going to be redoing my bike this fall and wanted to know what you guys think (mainly kelstr, rhc, cv4, and crowerpower). here are my 2 options:

Hot Cam 2

JE piston (high compression)

Honda Ti valves

Crower high lift springs

cv4 ampco seats

pro circuit clutch springs

revmax rev box

or:

Crower Sportsman package (piston, cam, etc)

honda Ti valves

cv4 ampco seats

pro circuit clutch springs.

i am lost. i would get a lot more with the first one but i dont know how the power/reliability compares to the second one. any info would be great. thanks

this is what id do:

cv4 seats-80

honda ti valves (assuming u dont wanna go with rons steel)- 150

JE piston (i wouldnt spend th cash on crowers piston)-180

crower "special k" cam regrind with matching high rev intake springs-cheaper than youde think

dark synergy clutch springs-49

im pretty sure this comes cheaper tahn the two configurations you listed too.... and the next thing id do would be run u4 and get ron to port your head... if you dont wanna wait to get your cam reground crowerpower can also send you a already ground cam

... i didnt post crowers prices incase he didnt want me to do so for some reason.... pm him

i am not running steal valves. i get Ti ones for cheap.

why should i not spend money on the crower piston? various people say its the best piston out there.

i want to have my old cam. i dont want it reground

i've never even heard of dark synergy

i already have a guy that ports our bikes

thanks

i am not running steal valves. i get Ti ones for cheap.

why should i not spend money on the crower piston? various people say its the best piston out there.

i want to have my old cam. i dont want it reground

i've never even heard of dark synergy

i already have a guy that ports our bikes

thanks

&%$#@! dude i said ti valves, i said u can get a already ground cam, do a search for dark synergy, and i dont see how crowers piston can be $100 better than a je

i know you said Ti. i said i didnt want steel.... :ride:

why would i buy a g2 cam and get it reground? ?

the crower pistons are a custom CP piston. top-of-the-line quality

i said the :special k" cam and get that already ground.... its not on their website... call him.... i said you can buy one already preground

smf919 - like u said in ur first post i would ask one of the knowledgeable guys. i don't exactly how the mods work in conjunction with each other but I know mod motors can be alot riskier than stock. the stock stuff was all designed to run together in unison with a stock compression piston and everything else.

smf919 - like u said in ur first post i would ask one of the knowledgeable guys. i don't exactly how the mods work in conjunction with each other but I know mod motors can be alot riskier than stock. the stock stuff was all designed to run together in unison with a stock compression piston and everything else.

yea i know. the engine wouldnt be under a lot of abuse really and would be torn down every few hours of riding and everything inspected.

id go with cr250 clutch springs, they work great, and the pull isnt that much different then stock, hows your clutch basket look? any teeth building up on it?, thats where clutch slippage hides alot

Off topic, but Im getting ready to inspect my clutch and wondering about visual thin gs to look for. What does teeth build up look like?

So throwing in the 07 head, how doesn that change the top end rebuild list? Not at all, just add a new head to it?

the 07 head has different ports than the other years.

when you do your clutch, look for grooves on the basket.