Sign in to follow this  

need help deciding

&%$#@!?

are you getting ready to buy a first bike? what type of riding are you gonna be doing? what kind of rider are you?

should i get a crf230 and a sikk mx 125 or just a crf250x

You named 3 bikes that have very little in common with each other. CRF230 is a great play bike, The Sikk MX125 is a mini / pit bike, and the CRF250X is a serious enduro / offroad machine. What do you plan on doing with it ? How old are you ? Your weight ? Height ?

Dwight

no i mean my budget is 7,000 and should i just get one bike the 250x or should i get a crf230 and a pitbike such as a sikk

i am 16 and plaiing to do dual sport, pipe, gearing, 12 bar, i would use it for stunting and riding around with street tires on either one of em. I have been riding for 3 years on a moded crf100 mostly stunt riding.

lol...

get an R6 then. pick up a used one for 5K. dont get a serious off-road machine if you mainly "stunt"

"Stunt riding " ? Yeah, Right.

None of what you have listed would be good for dual sport or "STUNT RIDING". Make up your mind what you plan on doing. Besides, what is Stunt Riding ? Are you talking about that junk they do on the X games ?

^^ i think he means hes a hardcore stunta....ya know, thr super dangerous, extreme, high flyin 1st gear wheelies, and stoppies?

thats why he said hes puttin a 12 bar on it.

get an R6, even though i doubt since you had to ask, and with the options you listed your a very talented "stunter"

we'll if i got the crf230 i would do the cr250 fork converison, the kinds of stunting i do it stopies and wheelies, some times i hit a few jumps or go with my buds and race supermoto

were i'm from its 2000 bucks to insure a sportbike and something around 250 to insure a 250.

yeah for maybe just liabilty for the bike but if your finacing or taking out a loan or leasing the bike you NEED full covrage for my crf 250X was 500 bucks for liabilty for full it was over 2000 grand so you might wannt to think that over

If you want a dual-sport/stunt bike get a DRZ400-SM. You should be able to get one for $7000 OTD. And that's all the bike you'll need for what you describe.

A SIKK MX would be great for parking lot stuff, but that's about it. A CRF230 or 250X just aren't big/powerful enough to be a good dual-sport bike.

like the other guy said......why two of the same threads i gave you good info on your other thread. a fork conversion on a 230 goes two ways,first you spend alot of time and effort looking for the right forks you need the right head set the right axel with shims for your front hub a lathe and a press. second is about 2k for a kit.not worth what the bike cost better to get 250