Sign in to follow this  

Goggles. Several questions.

I have the Pro Grip goggles (model 3400) and no matter what, whenever I ride, I seem to get air entering somewhere around them and I get dust in my eyes. I also wear contacts so it makes it even worse.

I have tried adjusting the google by tightening the straps and even raise/lower where it sits but it's almost inevitable that I will still hav ehte problem.

Is there any goggle that is better than the rest as far as the way it seals aound the face, etc.??

I still like the progrips just wish they would seal a bit better. So if I don't get a different pair I want to get some replacement lenses. Mine have the auto tinting lenses. I would like to get some with the sliver/mirrored look. All I can find online as far as mirrored goes is the blue ones. Anyone know if they make regular mirrored lenses?

I guess that there are many brands of goggles that are good enough. Nevertheless, I've noticed that there are some goggles that fit me better than others. For instance, Oakley goggles fit my face-type better that any other. I've tryied Smith and Scott goggles, which are highly accepted all-around, but these ones create the same problem you're complaining about. It's not that these goggles are not good. It is just that Oakley fits me better than any other. So, it's not that there are gogles better tnat other, but there are some that fit you better.

I agree with Rocco on this. Their are all kinds of good goggles out there, and people will just post what they think is the best goggle. I like the Oakley O-Frames because they fit me the best, I have Scott and Spy also, but the Spy don't fit me well, the Scotts let air in like you're saying.

I used to wear the scotts but the thin foam on the top quickly got tore up and this let dust in all the time. I bought a couple pairs of the dragon mdx's and they work awesome and are very comfortable.

I use Spy blizzards and i have never had a problem with dust or air, i too wear contacts and know that dust in the eyes while riding can be dangerous.

i also have a pair of scott, but i find the spy's cover my eyes the best.

I don't really know how to stop things from getting in but............To help keep them out of your eyes, put some vaseline on the inside, bottom of the goggles. If anything gets in it will stick to the bottom and not float around until it gets in your eyes.

Dragons.

Period.

No dust. No static.

Great Tear-Offs.

The BEST kids goggles, too.

I have been wearing Progrips for a little over a year now. I thought they were pretty cumfy until I tried on some Utopia's. What got my attention first off with these goggles is that you can litterally bend them and twist them. Sounds strange but a good way of describing what they can handle is imagine taking your goggles and wringing them out like a washcloth. So this is what got my attention. I tried them on and they were much more comfortable to me. I agree with the other guys who posted it basically comes down to preferance. Go to the local shop and try on a few different brands that others have recommended and go from there.

Back in the old days when tracks were dusty I would take a q-tip and use it to apply some baby oil to the upper and lower foam. It works like oiling your air filter. The only drawback was the need to clean your goggles after every ride.

Thanks for the tips and recommendations. I have always wanted to try some Oakleys. I will look into them and also Dragons and Utopias. Any specific one I should look into?

Scotts were my first pair and I had the same problem. I guess I will find one that fits me better than the rest.

I'd suggest Oakley MX O-frames, but I insist that it depends on what fits better.

Vaseline tip is great. I've tried that some times and it works great! Anyway, you won't have to worry about that if you find the right ones 4U