Sign in to follow this  

2002 XR 250 Lights

I hav a 2002 XR 250 and my tailight works but the brake lights wont light up when i step on the brake i think there is a problem with the wiring because the previous owner had a full baja kit on it and took it off but didnt wire it back together properly. When i got the bike i had to mess with it soo that the running light wuld work. Does anyone know where i can find a wiring schematic?

If you have a xr250r then I believe that the tail light is just a running light. At least on my 2003 xr250r it is just a running light. First, it would have to have an aftermarket switch mounted on either the brake pedal or brake lever in order for the light to be actuated and then I think the taillight itself would have to modified in order to change brightness when braking.

If you are back to stock, I don't think the tail light is a brake light at all, just a running light.

I got the same bike. Both front and rear lights are just running lights... when they work. However... the tail light bulb is dual filiment and the socket is set up for a dual filiment bulb... just only one side is used.

Thanks for your help, on my bike there are wires coming from the rear brake's front cylinder, to near the tailight somewhere like there is a switch on the cylinder, and the light bulb is a dual filament. Maybe it is just a running light but why are there wires on the brake cylinder, and why do thet use a dual filament bulb?