Sign in to follow this  

This guy has some good points!

Nothing new there. That opinion is far from innovative thinking. People have been saying that since FMX came out. But it doesn't take away from the fact that these guys are doing things on dirt bikes that are just plain insane and border impossible. It's a far cry from Evel jumping a Sportster 80 feet.

So maybe it does take more dedication to compete in supercross than FMX. For arguments sake, lets just say it does. So what? That doesn't invalidate FMX.

Different strokes for different folks, I say.

It does take more dedication to race than to ride FMX but it takes nerves of steel and true balls to do any of that stuff. I'd like to see Carmicheal try a double backflip. He could do it, but I bet it would take him time and dedication. The FMX and MX battle is old it's like trails vs. track. It's all about what you weant to do with a motorcycle and what your the best at. And if Pastrana feels he can go the furthest (which he has) in FMX and push the limits then more power to him. I'd like to see how much dedication and training it would it would take to land a double backflip.....

I don't agree with that guy at all. Sure TP could have been a great racer, but is he a slacker just because he chose to have more fun by doing fmx and all kinds of riding? The same goes for the other guys that compete in the x-games, even the guy that comes in last has more talent on a bike that any of us here on TT. Someone could say RC is a slacker because he can't do all the things Travis can do, but is that true? No. Any of the top riders in freestyle, mx, enduros, or any other type of riding are not slackers, they all put the most effort they can into their type of riding.

Nothing new there. That opinion is far from innovative thinking. People have been saying that since FMX came out. But it doesn't take away from the fact that these guys are doing things on dirt bikes that are just plain insane and border impossible. It's a far cry from Evel jumping a Sportster 80 feet.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I personally have never understood the Pastrana debate of should of, could of. He is having fun riding a dirtbike and driving rally cars. He makes millions and seems like a generally nice person. So what if he prefers to do a bunch of different things, as long as a person is having fun in life who the hell cares?

I probably could have been a friggen brain surgeon if I tried hard enough, instead I'm a small business owner, make decent money and ride my dirt bike 3 or 4 times a week. Does that make me a waste or a could have been?

I personally have never understood the Pastrana debate of should of, could of. He is having fun riding a dirtbike and driving rally cars. He makes millions and seems like a generally nice person. So what if he prefers to do a bunch of different things, as long as a person is having fun in life who the hell cares?

I probably could have been a friggen brain surgeon if I tried hard enough, instead I'm a small business owner, make decent money and ride my dirt bike 3 or 4 times a week. Does that make me a waste or a could have been?

A brain surgeon? Come on now.

I'll say what I've always said about these debates and similar ones, it's not an issue of more or less talent, it's simply diffrent talents.