Sign in to follow this  

directions to the quarry in union nebraska

Anybody got em? I'm in Bellevue and want to go take a look it. See how muddy it is with all the rain recently.

Also if anyone knows what the rules are or contact info. (times open/closed, cost to ride, Ph #) Its only like 20 miles so I might just drive down tommorrow.

http://www.midwesttrialsassociation.com/

Its not open to general riding, only on trials. Its a pretty neat place for Nebraska

In the july newsletter they say he union quarry is "predominantly a motocross park"

Still can't find any directions anywhere though.

http://www.midwesttrialsassociation.com/

Its not open to general riding, only on trials. Its a pretty neat place for Nebraska

That's not the union quarry. It's a nice place to ride though.

I believe it's like 10th, 11th or 12th street off of Hwy 34 West of Union. It's probably the first numbered turn off (1/4 mile?) of Hwy 34 after exiting Union. The turn is right east of a bridge. Follow that gravel road north to the RR tracks and take the immediate left. Follow this road west (a mile or so?) until it curves back north and take the next left (west) turn.. West about 2 blocks and the gates are south off the road.

Thanks triton

Do you know if it's an open riding area or an annual/daily fee place?

It'll cost you 10 duckets to ride there for the day, 100 or so for the year. It's open to the public. The guy drives a greenish Ford F-250. He has the waiver forms and all that as well. His name's Marty.

Just got back. All in all decent place. a bit much for my 5 and six year old but the upper section , which Marty said was for kids, was enough to keep them occipied for 3 hours. The wife who is stil really learning to ride got scared S#!tless on the trails. She aint so ready for 30 foot drop offs even if you could ride down em. the "track" he has is ok Its a woodslike track with some good ascents and decents, a quite few jumps thrown in and a little over 1 mile long. The 3 inches of rain had really rutted it out and he said he needed to get someone with a small dozer to groom the whole thing.

The prroblem with most of the jumps is that they are just that, jumps, no planned landing area or tabletops. just 3-6 foot peaks.

I could see going back once ina while but I don't know about it being a place to revit week in and week out.

But well worth the drive.

Triton your directions were spot on, couldn't have found it without them. (it is 12th street by the way)

The track used to be much better, at least the front half. Some time around the end of May they added a section onto it about halfway through. Obviously there was little planning on what went into the addition. Like you said, there's no planned landings and on the "downhill double" if you can even call it that, there's so much g-out at the bottom when it planes back level it's not even worth doin. I just skip the back half and ride the original. :thumbsup:

I do like to go there every once in awhile. Those hillclimbs in the back are quite entertaining with lots of people and there's a pretty fun step-up down by the gates.

that track is always soo dry but kinda fun since no ones ever there

i like the way it was before he started working on it the step up on the track was nice now i dont like it

Anybody know the hours and days the Quarry is open? or a phone number to call before you haul?

Marty is there on the weekends from like 8 am until about 2pm taking the daily fee. I think I have his number somewhere I'l look and pm you with it. During the week he really leaves it for the guys who buy for the season. They all get the lock combo when they buy a season pass.