Sign in to follow this  

Is this an "E" exhaust?

It doesn't have the little guard on the can like my SM does. The seller said it is from a KLX400, but didn't know if it was from the dirt only model.

If it is an "E" exhaust, can I use the entire system and keep my rear pegs? Or would I have to use the SM can?

Exhaust.jpg

I think its only the E that has that welded mounting plate on the silencer and the E shouldn't have a baffle in it either.

colhog,

I think I read somewhere that the UK E exhausts are considerably different than those on this side of the pond.

I haven't received the exhaust yet. if Steve is right, and it is an E model, then the headpipe should be larger. My SM is getting little "used" upgrades :-)

I've got used "E" cams, a used billet exhaust tip, a used KLR650 CVK40 carb (which made a huge difference), and I'm hoping the larger headpipe will give me just a little more.

Don't know the significance but I picked up a used Scorpion exhaust from a SM and it looks like the header pipe must be shorter, as the link pipe for the Scorpion is too long to fit the E header???