Sign in to follow this  

Ducati Motard.... yeah baby!!

I have to get me one of these!

992cc 100bhp.....

Said to be around $13k early in 07'

If this bike does not excite you... you don't have any blood in your veins :thumbsup:

i_04_1024.jpg

i_03_1024.jpg

A quote from the Duc site:

"The Ducati Hypermotard incarnates the strength, the fun and the high performance of an extreme supermotard – re-thought in pure Ducati style: 100 hp weighing just 175 Kg (385 lbs); an idea, a dream for every biker that today will become a reality and will be added to the amazing Ducati line-up. The Ducati Hypermotard will be in dealer showrooms in Spring 2007"

thats only twice the price of my Husky and only 130lbs heaver. its heavier and slower then a GSXR 1000. Looks like it would be fun at Deals Gap tho. :thumbsup:

If this was sitting side by side with the KTM 950, Beemer HP1 and other similar bikes I know I'd be pointing and drooling at THIS one fer sure. It should be a fantastic city, afternoon canyon and tight trackday bike.

Sure it's not a motard other than in the looks of it but I suspect that it will be the bike of choice out of all the Whale'tard options.

Well.... I won't totally bash it because I think it is pretty bad ass....

But at that price tag??? Cmon you got to be kidding me. You basically get a cheaper to mfg. bike.... That costs more money than any jap sportbike. Not to mention not only heavier but also half the front braking power.

In my eyes I am thinking the SXV4.5 or 5.5 would be a better choice in the Exotic supermoto arena. Not to mention thanks to less weight / extremely high rev limits and plenty of top end power (speaking from experience.... I have ridden the 4.5 and it pulls for days).... probably almost just as fast top speeds and just as fast off the line. :thumbsup:

That's a nice looking bike! And if it rides as nice as it looks the price isn't tooo bad.

You guys are all comparing apples to carrots. This ain't no motard in the same vein as the classic single dirtbike conversions or even the new Aprilia twin. You need to compare this bike to things like the SuperDuke and HP1 and stuff like that both for price and functionality. Taken in THAT light I think you'll find that this bike has a very good chace of being at the top of it's heap.

if i just bought an HP2 bmw for 20 grand i'd be very depressed right now......but of course i'm not in that situation.

if i just bought an HP2 bmw for 20 grand i'd be very depressed right now......but of course i'm not in that situation.

Then again, if you could afford to buy such a bike it would probably be because you had enough money that you wouldn't NEED to be depressed... :thumbsup:

That bike wouldn't take the place of any real supermoto bike in my garage, but as was said already, if I was in the market for a non-race replica street bike, that would sure be on the short list. I like the KTM950SM better stock, but the aftermarket available for the Duc is very appealing. Add the missing rotor and a few motor goodies, gear it short, and LOOK OUT! :thumbsup: btw-I doubt it will cost more (MSRP) than the S2R at $10k...

That bike wouldn't take the place of any real supermoto bike in my garage, but as was said already, if I was in the market for a non-race replica street bike, that would sure be on the short list. I like the KTM950SM better stock, but the aftermarket available for the Duc is very appealing. Add the missing rotor and a few motor goodies, gear it short, and LOOK OUT! :thumbsup: btw-I doubt it will cost more (MSRP) than the S2R at $10k...

Yeah... having the rotor on the same side as the drive chain..... I'm not

too sure thats a good idea?? grease on brakes......

The 916/996 Ducatis all had the chain and sprocket on the same side due to the single sided swingarm. I have never heard of any problems.

It looks similar to the bike I built a few years ago (supermoto/flat track style) from a 900 Monster. I had it down to 368lbs wet weight with 3 gallons of gas.

it was a real blast to ride.

The 916/996 Ducatis all had the chain and sprocket on the same side due to the single sided swingarm. I have never heard of any problems.

I never had any problems on any of my Hawks or my buddies bikes with VFR swingers... The "chopper" idiots that use the same disc as sprocket and brake rotor...now THAT'S another story! :thumbsup:

its my desktop also. even though its not a real tard it sure is pretty. id trade my 18 y/o girlfriend for that. night for night.

I have a Ducati Multistrada which is similar in layout, but not quite a cool looking as the Hyper. It is kick ass fun though. Upright riding position tons of V-twin torque and then the Ducati sound which loosens your intenstines. Way funner to ride than a replica racer bike in my opinion. But for those who don't know, Ducati doesn't make bikes for the dirt, the Hypermotard is NOT a supermotard, just a beautiful bike for twisty roads and a bit of hooligan riding. Ducati designs for beauty, mystique and performance. Your buying the brand and the bit of exotica. Comparing a GSXR to a Ducati 999 is like comparing a Corvette to a Ferrari, Corvette has more bang for the buck, but is a Corvette, a Ferrrari has beauty, performance character and blows people away when they see it. I wouldn't want to be sliding that bike around a track at 400 pounds, but up in the mountains there will be plenty of GsXRs being eaten alive on the corners, but not the straights.

http://kakaku.com/bike/images/bike/DUCATI_MULTISTRADA.jpg

Where did you get the price of 13000? I have heard more then that. I was just wondering because I want one to.

I found this on the net, does this sound for real?

You might want to find a dealer in the middle of nowhere and see what they have on order and how long a list of deposits. I put my deposit down in...May? Confirmed with my dealer that I want an 'S'...and the list price is $13,995. the non-'S' is a couple of grand cheaper.

thats only twice the price of my Husky and only 130lbs heaver. its heavier and slower then a GSXR 1000. Looks like it would be fun at Deals Gap tho. :lol:

A GSXR 1000? My 06 YZF R6 would distroy it!! Ducati's look nice ride nice, but are heavy,slow and start puking oil the second you try keeping up with a 600 at a track day. Plus you better have you credit card ready for the regular maintance!

Bike looks cool untill you check out the website and look at how the signals are mounted. The are fold outs from the "bark busters" and add another ten inches to the width of the bars. :lol: First thing to break in a fall and Impossible to split lane. Just fold them in and go so fast that you never look back. Motard is just a marketing ploy. Change it enough to be street but still attract the motard crowd. That's not to say that it's not super cool looking. (cept for the mirrors)

Ducati should make a Ducati Monster as a street legal 4 wheeler and call it the Quasimoto!

The Italian Supermotard that is really awesome is the Ferrari Terra Modina 198.I saw a write up about it earlier,on the MCN UK website.Too bad the list price is equal to 32,000 U.S.Dollars.