Sign in to follow this  

Must See Event

104 degrees here today and after 40 miles at Bulcher on last years Last Man Standing course I was whooped, bet your summers are better temperature wise than ours. There are going to be some big names there for this event. I'm going to be working/marking the course and it is truly going to be the toughest I've seen. Come on down I bet it would provide a welcome break form your winter weather.

That was one of the best races I have ever seen on TV and I know the TV did not do it justice. I wish I could see it in person but not that year.

Hey Rockjocky instead of working the race how about entering the race on the XR. If you do that I will come and crew for you.

That race separates the men from the boys..........Are you a man?????

That race separates the men from the boys..........Are you a man?????

Hell no, not if that is what it takes. I'm old. I dont have an unlimited budget and I have to go back to work on Monday after. T.V. did not do this race justice it is just beyond extreme. There were some totaled bikes last year and it is going to be worse this year. If you want to enter I will already be there to help you along. Just walking/marking this course is extreme enough for me, I seriously dont know how those guys ride through some of these sections where it is 45 degrees off camber to the right and the 6 inches of trail is turning hard left with a 40' cliff on the downside. Or the 60 percent grade uphills with several 6 foot vertical steps in the middle.

10 years and 30 pounds ago I would have been up for it.

It would cost over 16 grand to run that race.

New KTM EXC 300 $6,500

Upgrades $2,000

Extra Tires / Wheels $1,250

Spare Parts $2,500

Lighting $1,500

Travel / Hotels / Food $2,500 (crew included)

At the end of the weekend you have a one very used bike, long drive home, Red Bull T-shirt and the memories.

I could loose the 30 pounds but there is still that $16,000

10 years and 30 pounds ago I would have been up for it.

It would cost over 16 grand to run that race.

New KTM EXC 300 $6,500

Upgrades $2,000

Extra Tires / Wheels $1,250

Spare Parts $2,500

Lighting $1,500

Travel / Hotels / Food $2,500 (crew included)

At the end of the weekend you have a one very used bike, long drive home, Red Bull T-shirt and the memories.

I could loose the 30 pounds but there is still that $16,000

cant believe you didnt factor in the cost of gas. thats probably gotta run several hundred bucks right there!

there is no way i can make the race. any word on when it will be on OLN? :thumbsup:

cant believe you didnt factor in the cost of gas. thats probably gotta run several hundred bucks right there!

there is no way i can make the race. any word on when it will be on OLN? :thumbsup:

Last year it was on SPEED (aka NASCAR TV) a few weeks after the race

I figured $1,000.00 in fuel in the travel expenses