Sign in to follow this  

cr450x streel legal for california

Im looking to get a 450x and make it street legal in ca. does anybody here have this setup? I have a xr650l thats up for sale and im trying to decide between 450x or xr650r. i have heard some bad things about long rides in 5th gear blowing tranies and i would defanetely use top gear 70% of my riding is on the highway.

thanks,

matt

pismo beach, ca.

While it can be done (I plated mine without any issues) and you can protect against the 5th gear problem..... stick with the XR if you will be using it on the highway 70% of the time.

IMO the 450x is for ripping in the dirt with only occasional street runs. :thumbsup:

While it can be done (I plated mine without any issues) and you can protect against the 5th gear problem..... stick with the XR if you will be using it on the highway 70% of the time.

IMO the 450x is for ripping in the dirt with only occasional street runs. :thumbsup:

No truer words were ever spoken. :ride:

thats the direction i was leaning towards. i like the smaller size of the 450x and it is similar to my 450 quad, but i dont think it fits my use properly.

thanks, matt