Sign in to follow this  

slight WOT surge

ok...so i noticed a slight power surge at WOT while driving today. im assuming thats a lean symptom..?? its been there the whole time after i rejetted and etc, but i now im gonna take it apart again to make some adjustments.. so for starters:

3x3, full RS-3 Yosh

150MJ

25PJ

DJ needle 2nd clip

2.5 turns on fuel screw

2200ft elev.

now, the question is, do i move the needle clip to the 3rd or 4th, or make adjustments on the MJ?

also, dunno if other people have had this problem, but every now and then, when i snap the throttle off idle (in neutral), the bike will die. it starts back up but i remember this happening the day i picked it up from the dealer as i was about to drive it away. i thought it was because it might have not been up to temp, but it happens at any given time. if i roll onto the throttle quick, it doesnt do it. only with a fast instantaneous snap. :thumbsup: dunno if it happens enough to bother me, but i was wondering if its fixable.

thanks folks.

ok...so i noticed a slight power surge at WOT while driving today. im assuming thats a lean symptom..??

It could also be something really simple, like your clutch slipping.

Might be an idea to make sure your clutch is properly adjusted, too. Just to eliminate that possibility.

clutch is all good. plus theres only 1300mi on the bike.

i was curious if its the needle, or the MJ that will affect the wide open portion of throttle response

elevation i posted: 2200ft

400SM yes.

hole 3x3 +/- .25in

and how bout the engine dying if i snap it quick off idle in neutral? anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

you jet for what happens while riding the bike.not nuetral.

try running the bike with the air box door off.if the bike runs better its rich,go down on the main jet.if it run worse you need more main jet.

took the airbox cover off, didnt feel much of a difference, except it had just a super slight less amount of power. ever so slight surge still. airbox cover on: no change. maybe its just the way its supposed to be or something. ill tape up the airbox opening i cut out a bit to see what that entails.

maybe ill have to live with it