Sign in to follow this  

geomerty

I know I've seen a couple of crf150s with cr85 fronts and works rear shocks (toneconsultant and I forget who else) and I have a few question. I have the 85 front on and am getting ready to install the works rear. I want to raise my bike since I bottem the back out on the big jumps and have even dug the foot peg in quite a few times'. Once it got quite squirley as I was taking this jump the leads into a berm so landing in position to take the berm gets me even closer to trouble. Engines only have told me that when I put the works in at the same height as stock it won't bottem like it did when I get it dialed in. Has any one experienced this. If I raise the back I have room on my tripple clamps to raise the front, but what would this do to my steering as I love the way it handles now. My thought is if I raise the front and the back it might handle the frame, but I'm so new at this I would love a 2nd opinion. Thanks

Just raising it does nothing. When you order a WORKS shock you tell them how much you weight and what kind of riding you do and they help you get the correct spring and setup in your shock. You set the ride height initially and then tune the ride height to make your bike handle correctly. Lower in the rear makes it turn in slower/ higher in the rear makes it turn in faster.

Putting a heavy spring in your stock shock causes the shock to rebound to fast and buck you over the front. If you want to save some money you can send your shock to HLEBO Bros Suspension and they will put on a heavier spring and change to rebound and compression settings so your shock works correctly.

I did, I'm 205 with gear on. I got it from Engines only because he has experience putting a works shock on the 06. There's not much room with the battery. He also giving me some mounting part the he uses. I know I paid alot, but he has done a lot of my engine work (225bbk and cam soon to come) and always been their for me. I will reward thoes who help me out. UPS should be here tomorrow. So if I just raise both it will ride the same?

dk54red,

Take a measurement in the rear with the bike on a stand. I like to measure from the axle into the junction where the left number plate and rear fender meet. Take a measurement. My stock 150 was 22" even. Write down your measurement.

When your new shock is installed, take this measurement again. Set the ride height so that it is equal to what is was before the shock swap.

This will be a good starting point. You may find a setting that works even better for you with some testing of different heights/settings.

Good luck and ride safely.

dk54red,

Take a measurement in the rear with the bike on a stand. I like to measure from the axle into the junction where the left number plate and rear fender meet. Take a measurement. My stock 150 was 22" even. Write down your measurement.

When your new shock is installed, take this measurement again. Set the ride height so that it is equal to what is was before the shock swap.

This will be a good starting point. You may find a setting that works even better for you with some testing of different heights/settings.

Hey Coeshow,

22" huh? I have to go measure mine from those spots. I swear mines much different, but I can't recall.

dk54red,

You might want to just fiddle with it. You might find something a little better. Since you're going to Frank at Engine's Only, that's the first sign that you like to fiddle with things. Hey, be careful. If you hang out with Frank too much, it can be dangerous. He's the "crack king!" You go to him for one thing and you'll find out you'll be going back!!! :ride: Frank offered me to ride his 2500 CRF150 and I said "No way!" I'm weak man. I ride that thing and I'll own it!!! . . . or should I say, it will own me. :applause::thumbsup:

dk54red,

Hey Coeshow,

22" huh? I have to go measure mine from those spots. I swear mines much different, but I can't recall.

dk54red,

You might want to just fiddle with it. You might find something a little better. Since you're going to Frank at Engine's Only, that's the first sign that you like to fiddle with things.

Hey, be careful. If you hang out with Frank too much, it can be dangerous. He's the "crack king!" You go to him for one thing and you'll find out you'll be going back!!! :ride: Frank offered me to ride his 250cc CRF150 and I said "No way!"

I'm weak man. I ride that thing and I'll own it!!! . . . or should I say, it will own me. :applause::thumbsup: You just know it kicks butt.