Sign in to follow this  

Gold Or Yellow Excel Rims

Ok who has gold or yellow rims on there RM-Z450 ? I have a 06 and I put the Makita kit on my bike and Im not trying to be a poser but I really like the bike. Anyways I orderd a set of gold Excels for my bike and when thay came in everyone at the bike shop said that thay would not look rite with the bike and that I need to go with RED rims ? Red on thay bike, im not really sure abought that so anyways I called Excel and thay told me that thay do make a yellow rim but thay are special order only but thay do have a front in stk but a rear will not be in stk until October. So do I go with the gold I orderd or do as everyone in the shop says and put red rims on it with the Makita kit ?

Red hubs maybe but not for the rims. I was actually thinking of putting black rims on mine. But other then that I would do the yellows.

I'v been running yellow excels on my bikes but they are hard to get- at least a set that matches. Alot of the yellow wheels turn out butterscotch in color. Go to www.ftmbiz.com then check out the closeouts- they may have some off-color yellow for way cheap that would look better than gold. I dont care for gold wheels on a yellow bike but thats just me. Another option is the excel A60's. Thats what i'm running now but they are only available in black.

I work in sales for a Suzuki dealer and that was my next step when the bike come out, as a employee we pay cost for a bike and 10% over cost for parts and acc.

Are you serious... I think gold rims look trick. I wouldnt listen to what they say at the shop!

Like the other guy said, red hubs but not red rims! Black rims also look mad - check out the yoshi RMZ for pics on the black frame/black rim bike.

Ok who has gold or yellow rims on there RM-Z450 ? I have a 06 and I put the Makita kit on my bike and Im not trying to be a poser but I really like the bike. Anyways I orderd a set of gold Excels for my bike and when thay came in everyone at the bike shop said that thay would not look rite with the bike and that I need to go with RED rims ? Red on thay bike, im not really sure abought that so anyways I called Excel and thay told me that thay do make a yellow rim but thay are special order only but thay do have a front in stk but a rear will not be in stk until October. So do I go with the gold I orderd or do as everyone in the shop says and put red rims on it with the Makita kit ?

- I been completely happy with mine

( I've been laced up for about 1.5 yrs )

...... and I think they look SIK

( only rim color---- maybe a polished hub ? )

- went into local dealer, walked out 5 minutes later ( 180+ tax )

Pro wheels laced up by TCR Wheelacing in cali

20 minutes from my house/ picked them up the next day !

http://www.prowheelracing.com/ http://www.wheellacing.com/

my ride.....