Sign in to follow this  

06 WR250 dead spot

I bought my dad an 06 WR250 a few months ago and he has been riding it gently during the breakin period. Now that it is pretty well broken in he is riding it much harder and has discovered a dead spot in the first 1/8 to 1/4 turn of the throttle. I know it needs to be rejetted from stock and I ordered a JD jet kit however is there anything I can do for this weekend to make it a little better?

Its completely stock with no mods. We ride at a pretty high altitude (2000 - 6000) feet in high temperature but we have experienced the dead spot at low altitudes as well.

Any thoughts? I want to ride with him this weekend but only if we can make the dead spot a little less noticeable.

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

the biggest thing you can do for free is to cut the throttle stop to the yzf spects. if you have dissconect the grey wire. it does a whole lot also.

Would the throttle stop affect the first quarter of the throttle? My understanding was it would affect the top end. I assumed the mapping change by the grey mod would also affect mid to top end as well not tip in.

the throttle stop only allows the throttlet tube to only go a 3/4 of the way. so if you still have the throttle stop for the wr than you have 1/4 for more power.

do the free mods. the grey wire, throttle stop, air box snorkel, and ap mod will help a lot. also a fuel screw that can be adjusted, like a zipty fuel screw. it is like night and day. if you do not do the ap mod then try a #40 leak jet. after doing the free mods it's all about jetting. i had a flat spot as well in my 05wr. it was a jetting problem.