Sign in to follow this  

2 stroke engine siezed up. Help

Ok I have a 1989 Suzuki LT250R and the first time my engine blew I pulled it apart and the piston was cracked. I replaced it all and put it back together and all ran fine for about 3 hours if that and it blew up again. It would kick over very easily and didn't have compression. I took it apart and the piston had been scraping the cylinder and was all scuffed up. I had the cylinder honed out and thinking I had done something wrong I sent it to a guy that rebuilds engines and he rebuilt it. Well he apparently rode it some to make sure it was all ok. He did and gave it back. Well I rode it maybe a mile or so and I'll be damed if the thing didn't blow up again. Only this time instead of kicking over easily it wont kick over at all. The kickstarter wont move. It's like it is siezed up. Would this be the top end again or would this be something else? If it is the top end what would be causing it to blow them soo much? I'm going to send it back to him I guess to have him take another look at it but I'm getting kind of tired of this fourwheeler. I'm pretty close to just buying a new one and leaving this one sitting in my garage. I don't see myself ever being able to get rid of it as I love it but I'm getting tired of this.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it has oil all over the engine and my foot. I mean like drops. It used to come from the exhaust leaking as a bolt had fallen out but the exhaust is now on with all the bolts and I don't know that it is leaking although it might be. It was spraying some back just like when it was so that has to be where its coming from. I'm not sure if thats something that may be up with the engine or not.

thats a reallllllllly old bike why not find a good cond. newer one say a 95-00 for around 1-2k

i wouldnt waste my money in something like that by the time u get the antique parts and crp u coulda bought a 98 for 1200 with lotsa mods jk

seriosly check your area for something newer

thats a reallllllllly old bike why not find a good cond. newer one say a 95-00 for around 1-2k

i wouldnt waste my money in something like that by the time u get the antique parts and crp u coulda bought a 98 for 1200 with lotsa mods jk

seriosly check your area for something newer

i second that motion :thumbsup:

How am I going to find a 98 LT250 since they stopped making them after 92? I could have easily bought a new bike but I didn't want a new bike I wanted a 250R. At the time of purchase I was willing to pay as much for a LT250R as I would have paid for a brand new four wheeler. This one was a little rough but a lot cheaper than any others. When I bought it it was hard to find a LT250R for under $3k. Now you can buy still not a lot. Find me one for $1200. I don't want lots of mods on one as if it's used I'd prefer it be stock as they usually haven't been abused as much or raced then.

I'm seriously thinking keeping this as a project and buying a new either Rancher or Quadracer 450.

No way I want to get rid of this thing though. It's like an old muscle car to me. May not be the cheapest thing to own or the most reliable but I love it.

If I wanted a new bike I could have easily bought one. The thing is I don't really care about a new bike. I'd rather have a LT250R although I am now thinking of a new one to join it.

I'm getting tired of buying used stuff so unless I buy a friends quad which has had the shit beat out of it but runs other than no brakes lol I am buying new most likely.

I would like to also add a LT230 and 500 to my collection so if I can find those from the 80's at a resonable price it is a good chance I will pick those up too. I just have a thing for the older LT's.

I think you might have done something to your crankshaft. When my buddy blew his KX bottom end his kickstarter wouldn't move either. But about the oil, I have no idea your on your own. Sorry :thumbsup:

Wait it just hit me, maybe you had a bad leak and wouldn't allow oil to the bottom end and ended up frying your bottom end. Hmmmmmm