Sign in to follow this  

Anyone ever convert an '05 TE510 US to EURO?

I'm getting the impression that the Euro models already have most of the street legal stuff. I'm in AZ, so all I really care about right now is the brake light. I ordered the Euro rear fender, brake light, brake light switch, and the wire harness that goes from the brake light forward, but looking at my wiring harness, I'm not seeing a plug for this. I do see a section near the carb with a lot of electrical tape wrapped around it - as if the plug I need was cut out at some point (I bought this brand new). Gonna unwrap that tape and have a look tomorrow, but thought I'd see if anyone else here knows what I'm talking about...

If all you need is a brake light you dont need all that other stuff. The tail light only uses 3 wires, very simple to do without a plug and play setup.

I know, I put a Baja LED brake light on my DR-Z. I like the stock husky tag mount and brake light the '06's have. Since it comes with the plug, thought I'd keep it clean and use the factory harness, however I'm not seeing the other end in the harness that's on my bike. Wanted to know if anyone else has done this...