Sign in to follow this  

TE Fork oil change - how often???

OK - the TE owners manual says the fork oil should be changed every 8hrs for mx, every 16h for Enduro riding, and every 10,000 Km for road use if it is un-corked....

So how often for un-corked easy trail riding? And is there any correlation to the break in of the suspension that seems to take something like 30 hours? I mean is the oil actually breaking down and that makes the suspension feel softer?

I ride a LOT and do mine twice a year. Run the wet winter and do them right before the summer fun begins.

Break-in has more to do with bushings seals and the tight fit relaxing. You will notice much less stiction after some hours due to larger tolerances on all the mating parts.

One time a year for normal trail riding unless you notice some changes. If not then change them once anyway.

Is this process in the manual? :thumbsup: I'm gonna have to learn how to do this.

No, but you can download the Marzocchi manual for your forks from Marzocchi's website. You'll love it too - just like the Husky manual in five different languages. But it is very helpful. Theres another thread here that has the exact link.