Sign in to follow this  

another uncorking question SOCAL guys

got my ex's 04' 150 i normally ride a xr650 but she doesnt ride it and i will play around on it sooo here goes im a 200 lb guy is going 42 pilot and 110 main good or do i need to go 115 . got the part numbers

question 1 needle clip position?

question2 is there a restrictive intake manifold already ont it? if so do you have part number for opened up manifold

question 3 is there an airbox mod i need to do? i did on my xr650 so i would assume if someone just tells me where it is

question 4 ar screw turns

just need to know if these jets are good for SOCAL.

and as i said i am not racing it or anything so i don't want to spend a whole lot of money on it. thats what the 650 is for so pipes and big bore kits are out of the question

thanks

julian

Please, try doing a search for your info. This has been discussed many times.

Good luck and ride safely.

this i know i was just hoping for a quick answer since i was going to the store first thing in the am and didn't have the time to go thru a million threads

Also the search feature is usually disabled. There is a snorkel on top of the air box. Pull that out and while your at it get a Uni air filter. 110 main and 42 pilot with the clip on the needle at the 4th position(up one from stock). I don't know about the air screw so just play around with it until you get it right. Good luck, I'll be doing the same mods in 2 days. :thumbsup:

just to clairify. top on the needle is #1 and bottem is #5. You do raise the needle by lowering the clip on the needle. 1.5-2 turns on the air screw. You got to keep checking the plug to get it right.

just to clairify. top on the needle is #1 and bottem is #5. You do raise the needle by lowering the clip on the needle. 1.5-2 turns on the air screw. You got to keep checking the plug to get it right.

Wait I'm confussed. The clip is in the middle(pointy end of the needle pointing down). Do I move it up...or down to get the 4th position?

In the sticky, on the first tread, it is described. The pics don't work for me. I have a 06 and I put a washer in under the clip to raise the needle and richen it up. I'm not to familar with the later models.

DAMN :applause::applause::thumbsup::ride::applause:

Now I got to pull the bike apart to fix my mistake. I moved it up, so I guess it's the 2'nd position. No wonder it bogged.

I'd like to hear a report with the jets seeing how I have the same bike. I'll have to hold off on the jets for while because I have to go away on vacation and when I come back I have to take my bike in to the dealer because I think my cam chain guides and tensioner are shot. :thumbsup: I'm never going to buy a used bike again!

Uncorking steps...re-jet before you do anything else.

1. Re-jet. I used a 42 pilot, 108 main, and raised the needle 1 clip.

2. Pull/cut the backfire screen. Pull the lid that's on the top.

3. Pull the exhaust core. It makes it a lot louder, but way better on the top end.