Navicular Bone In Wrist

i was talking to a friend of a friend a few minutes ago, and he was talking about how he broke his Navicular Bone in his wrist, and had to have a cast and all this other crap. And i told him i have been having wrist trouble for about 2 years sense i crashed my bike. I though i just sprained both really bad, but he was saying i might have done more, and that i need to go to a doctor and get it checked out.

If theirs one thing i hate in life more then going to the dentest, its the doctors office. Anyone know anything about this, breaking the Navicular Bone, and symptoms, or if it has happened to you. He was saying if i did, like 6 weeks in a cast and some other stuff i really don't want to do. Anyone input would be appriceated, or other idea of stuff i should do. Im kind of freaking out because the last thing i want to happen is be out for next desert season. If that happens i might as well shoot my self in the foot.

alright, well let me figure it out, i couldn't remember exactly what it was, but it was something in the wrist

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/otherfractures/a/scaphoid.htm

Information about this type of wrist injury

The scaphoid bone:

The scaphoid bone (also called the navicular bone) is one of eight carpal (wrist) bones.

The navicular is one of the bones in the foot. ?However, there is a bone in the wrist at the base of the thumb called the navicular. So due to the confusion they commonly call the navicular in the wrist the scaphoid. Since the scaphoid has poor blood supply it has a hard time healing if broken and sometimes requires surgery. But your injury could still be a sprain (they take a tremendous amount of time to heal as well). No matter what the injury is if it has been two years and it is still bothering you GET IT CHECKED OUT. You will be a much better rider with a wrist that's a 100%. Chances are the doctor might just give you some exercises to do and all is well.

There is also a navicular in the wrist. There are three little bones at the base of the wrist, the one at the base of the thumb is your navicular of the wrist. I broke mine about 8 or 9 years ago. The bone doctor gave me a choice, I could be in a full arm cast up to my arm pit for 9 weeks then a wrist cast for 6 weeks then a removable cast for another 3 to 6weeks. Or he could put a screw in it & cut the time in half. I opted for the screw. I was out of work for three weeks (auto mech) he put me in a wrist cast for 6 weeks but was able to work. It took a while to get strength back but I've made a full recovery.The navicular is a bad bone to brake because there is very little blood flow over that bone.

If you've broken a bone 2 years ago in your wrist & it's still hurting you may have to have the bones fused together. That happend to a friend. I hate doctors too but some times it's better to go. I'm sitting at home out of work with a broken collar bone & rib right now. ?

will be a much better rider with a wrist that's a 100%. Chances are the doctor might just give you some exercises to do and all is well.

Defintiely! Small bone issues like that can really snow ball into larger (permanent) issues as in the inflammation increases, fades away, increased, fades away....

If its inflammed enough ic can star to build up scar tissue as a result of the inflammation cycle that will not go away. Get it looked at.