Sign in to follow this  

Finding neutral by it self

I am sure some times (only 2 or 3 times) I have come into a corner with clutch in, let the clutch out and bing go I am in neutral and I know my foot is no where near the gear stick.

Any one has this happen, whats the fix?.

I have had a harder time finding neutral on my rmz than any other bike. I have to shift it in neutral with my hand or ive passed it up.

I have had a harder time finding neutral on my rmz than any other bike. I have to shift it in neutral with my hand or ive passed it up.

That is a good thing when selecting for 2nd or 1st gear. Kx's in the past would like to catch neutral going from 1st to second or 2nd to 1st. The shift star on the RMZ doesn't have a deep valley like the KX does. So going from 1st to 2nd the RMZ will by- pass the valley easier. I rather have it harder to find neutral then to catch neutral by accident.

Yeah i find it really hard to get it into neutral when I stop as well. Sometimes it gets stuck and you have to rock the bike back and forward and jam it up and down with your hand to break it free. When riding it feels fine but on the stand the gearbox feels shitty.

I have a CRF450 06 as well and it is nicer to get into neutral but it also accidently slips into neutral more often!

I find it easier to shift all the way down into first, shift up hard into second, and then tap it down into neutral. It also seems to work better when the bike is running.