Sign in to follow this  

high octane gas in saskatchewan

I just resealed my bike , re did top/bottom ends and I dont want any predetonation on my bike :thumbsup:

I live near saskatoon and the highest octane i've found is 93 at the pump, anyone know a cheap source of AV gas or higher octane fuel?

is the 93 from Mohawk ? I hate that ethanol blended crap. My yz 250 used to ping a bunch and I couldn't find anyplace that went above 93. So I just bought race gas and mixed 1/3 of it with premium, and it worked great. didnt cost a bunch. Just buy a barrel and split it with a buddy. I think in western canada 93 is as good as it gets. Talk to the stock car club, or drag racers association in your area, they will know.

There is only one place within 3 hours of me I know of 93 at the pump but i've been told by other mx'ers its garbage anyways .

spud what did you pay for the race gas and what kind was it ? the 93 wasn't from mohawk, I cant remember the place maybe it was a husky...its the biggest gast station just outside of saskatoon near Saskplace (credit union center)

Im pretty sure Mohawk is 93 octane, but its ethanol blend, which from what I understand is not that good for your engine ( depending on % ) most bike manual mention use of ethanol blends.

I was using 76 race fuel, I think it was 110 octane and leaded. I was able to buy it 5 gallons at a time. I cant remeber the price, but something tells me it was $400 bucks a barrel I think back in 2002ish. Blend it with premium and it wasnt to badly priced I thought.... AND yes it made a difference.

I was getting it from a Drag racer, who was also a BOSS Lubricant salesman.

Just go to a performance auto parts place, they will hook you up with a distributer

I can get 94 octane at almost any gas station :thumbsup:

I live in the lower mainland and I only see it at chevrons. (94)

I put premium gas in my yz250f from a fas gas in Saskatoon and it was garbage! I thought I had bike problems. I use VP U4 now and the stuff works great in the bike. Go to a good gas station and get good gas I recommend esso, petro Canada, shell. last year I ran regular petro and the stuff ran good in my bike, but nothing compairs to VP IMO

I have had bad luck with fas-gas gas in my streetbike as well!

Never tried it in my dirtbike, but I think there was water in it or something because my bike kept losing power and stalling temporarily until i drained the damn gas :thumbsup:

Anyways numba68 I sent you a pm maybe we can hookup or something if you wanna help a brotha out gettin some good gas lol.

I have had bad luck with fas-gas gas in my streetbike as well!

Never tried it in my dirtbike, but I think there was water in it or something because my bike kept losing power and stalling temporarily until i drained the damn gas :thumbsup:

Anyways numba68 I sent you a pm maybe we can hookup or something if you wanna help a brotha out gettin some good gas lol.

I just have Ultimate 4 and its only good in 4-strokes. I would suggest C12?? Check the VP web sight. My Ultimate 4 doesn't have the octane that a 2-stroke needs. But it is oxygenated and that is what helps a 4 stroke. Lead also helps a 2 stroke also I think? C12 has a octane of 108 and U4 has a octane of 93

Can too high an Octane Rating cause excessive Carbon build-up if it's not required by the compression ratio?

Hey buy a bottle of octane booster, it is good for over a hundred litres and is only a couple bucks