Sign in to follow this  

Pro-Wheel Rims

I have had experience with 2 sets. The quality is not as good as the Excels. Mine for instance came with a slight flat spot brand new. I ordered blue but they were actually turqouise blue. They do not match my YZ Blue. I personally think it looks good but YZ blue rims look way better. My friend ordered some black ones and those did not have flat spots. However, the rear wheel came with only one accessory hole. As in 1 hole is needed for the valve stem and another hole is needed for the rim lock. I ended up having to drill the hole for the rim lock in a brand new rim.

So with that being said...if you are anal about having your bike looking perfect or not having to modify brand new parts I would suggest you stay away. If you are more $$$ conscious than the Pro Wheels will work just fine. On a positive note, I flat spotted both my stock Excels that came stock on my YZ. The rear wheel having at least 2 flat spots. My ProWheels in the same amount of time have no additional flat spots just the 1 flat spot that came with the wheel new.

I also had problems with the Pro-Wheels. I bought the yellow which looked great on the RMZ, but the back wheel only had one hole drilled, not two (valve stem/rim lock). I also had a very bad issue with breaking spokes. It almost looked like the spoke holes on the rim were off a bit from the holes on the hub. I kept breaking spoke nipples or spokes right where it threads into the nipple. In addition to that, Pro-Wheel's customer service is horrible. They never have responded to e-mails I sent months ago.

Your thoughts on them, thay have yellow.

- I been completely happy with mine

( I've been laced up for about 1.5 yrs )

...... and I think they look SIK

( only rim color---- maybe a polished hub ? )

- went into local dealer, walked out 5 minutes later ( 180+ tax )

Pro wheels laced up by TCR Wheelacing in cali

20 minutes from my house/ picked them up the next day !

http://www.prowheelracing.com/ http://www.wheellacing.com/

my ride.....