Sign in to follow this  

Play in Kickstarter

I have an 01 yz125 and was wondering how to adjust the play in the kickstarter.

It moves around alot. it even put a dent in my pipe. Thankes for all the help. :thumbsup:

I have an 01 yz125 and was wondering how to adjust the play in the kickstarter.

It moves around alot. it even put a dent in my pipe. Thankes for all the help. :thumbsup:

I have recently had the same problem with the aluminium kickstarter arm wearing on the steel node, I had a brass bush machined up, bored out the kickstart arm and inserted the brass bush. Job done.

Either that or buy a new one.

Good luck.

Did it suddenly just flop forward hitting the pipe now when it's resting in the up position? It's really common on that motor to break the metal stop plate on the kick start assembly typically it just cracks and allows the kick starter to rotate to far forward.

I had it happen on my '02 after owning it for 9 months from new!! Thats when I found out it was a common issue with the bike typically it breaks if you kick the kick starter into the peg all the time it's an easy part to swap only like $40 - 50 for a new one.

No its been like that for a while. When i kick it it doesnt come up all the way. So i pull it up with foot then kick again. Usually it only takes one kick.But on those rear occasians it'll take a little more. :ride: Thanks for your help guys. By the way does anyone now were i can get a online manaul? Thanks for all your help! :thumbsup: