Sign in to follow this  

Free Mods

I have a 2002 WR 250 that I have been happy with since I bought it new. I have been reading about the free mods since I have found this website and I have been wondering how much of a difference they could have really made. Just last weekend I finally got around to cutting that grey wire and shaving down the throttle stop (of course the baffle was already in the garbage years ago)...

I could never have guessed what those tiny little modifications could have done for the power of my bike. Basically the front wheel will come up now in any gear except the last and the tire will roost with just the same energy. The speed of the bike changed from OK to fast... I didn't even cut the throttle stop back all the way, so it must be the grey wire that now makes the bike so explosive!

All those years of riding the stock WR 250 what a waste. It feels basically like I have a brand new bike that responds completley differently than I have been used to since 02'. Why would they have robbed the WR of so much power when they sold it new???

To anyone toying around with doing these mods on their bike they but have not because they 1. don't think it will add power or 2. Are skeptical about cutting that wire: Get off your but and do the mods on the link that is given in the forum ASAP... Or maybe I was the only fool that waited so long...

Happy Rider

how long did you have your bike before you decided that you wanted more power and better performance? i did the free mods the firs 2 weeks i got it. even though i was kinda reluctant because it was still a new bike.

I did mine with less then 150 miles on the bike. Which is exactly how many miles I have been on the dirt. Free mods turn this bike from a dog to a bike that really rips.

I did the mods and my bike still has no power. I have the 03 wr250f. It seems like a dog. I cut the wire, piped it, removed throttle stop, and cut the air box. I even run a high octane fuel. The bike just has no power. My old Yz 80 can keep up with this bike.

u must not know how to ride it then cuz my 02 owns my friends bike and they have 125s 80s 250s and 250fs, the 250 is old though but still

I did the mods and a Jamesnow and my 01 YZ250f fell flat on it's arse!! I had to undo everything including unsoldering my leak jet to get it to run properly. All it would do is sputter and cough. I'll stay happy with stock settings like Yamaha intended it to be.