Sign in to follow this  

Are Moose Saraha pants "over the boot" style?

I'm looking at vented pants and have seen quite the stir about the Moose Sahara gear. I can't quite tell from the pictures but can you wear them over the boots? Or are they strictly inside?

I can't tuck my pants into my boots as it's always super uncomfortable for me. If the Sahara's are in the boot pants, does anyone have any suggestions for vented outside the boot pants? So far, I think the Shift Squadron or Thor Static might fit the bill. I've seen the Klim Moab pants, which look awesome, but unfortunately are outside of my budget.

Thanks in advance!

I wear Tech 10'a and the Sahara Pants do not fit over my boots. They are thinner than my other pants inside my boots. If you do buy them know that they seem to run large in the sizing. They are great pants.

Moose Sahara are in the pants boots as required by the AMA. Over the pants boot tend to catch on shifters and brake petals and footpegs. Moose Sahara are the MOST vented pants out there bar none.

Dwight

Thanks for the info guys. That's a bummer about those pants because I've heard such great things about them. It's just that my calves are too big to fit both knee/shin pads and pants into my boot (I wear Tech 8's). And personally, I'd much rather wear my knee pads than be able to tuck pant legs into the boot.

What about the venting of any other over the boot pants? Anyone have a line on something with some decent venting to keep the boys cool?

Any chance you can losen up the straps at the top of the boot?

Maybe a little bit. But with my kneepads, I could only go out a few more notches and that would be about it. I can't imagine having all that stuffed down there being comfortable.

We have been wearing pants in the boots forever. The pants are tapered for that reason. I can't imagine wanting pants over the boots. That was started by Squids wearing LBZ urban gear.

IMO,

Dwight

We have been wearing pants in the boots forever. The pants are tapered for that reason. I can't imagine wanting pants over the boots. That was started by Squids wearing LBZ urban gear.

IMO,

Dwight

Oh yeah, I know that's been the thing since day one. It's just that I have tree trunk legs and it feels like my boots have a hard time fitting over just my kneepads sometimes.

Maybe I'll go down to a shop and just try it again to see. But last time I tried tucking my pant legs in the boot just pinched the cloth along with my leg and it kinda sucked. Plus I felt that whenever I moved, the pant leg wanted to tug out of the boot, which made it even worse.