Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Rider October 06

The new issue of dirt rider, oct 06, has quite a few "letters to the editor" about the DR project bike. You guys amaze me with your writing ability...very impressive.

I thought it was cool of Jimmy Lewis to put these letters in the magazine. Many of the letters went after him pretty hard. The issue was at my local shop. I would expect it on the newsstand in a week or so.

I thought it was cool of Jimmy Lewis to put these letters in the magazine.

What makes you think he had a choice?

I still haven't been able to find the DR with the DRZ in it. :thumbsup:

The one in the store near me says post until August 22nd.

Does the cover of the DR with the DRZ in it mention the shootout?

tim

I still haven't been able to find the DR with the DRZ in it. :thumbsup:

The one in the store near me says post until August 22nd.

Does the cover of the DR with the DRZ in it mention the shootout?

tim

It says something like " We test the internet bikes" on the cover

Generally a Magazine editor controlls what is printed in his magazine. He could have easily ignored the issue. I am not saying I agree with his point of view on the project, but he did not run from the issue.

Ed, he did respond. I would not call it an appology or anything like that. He stood by what he had previously said about the bike.

It says something like " We test the internet bikes" on the cover

Has it already come and gone on the newstands???

Tim

Just got this issue. Jimmy Lewis reponse sounded just like the original. He's a jerk in my opinion. DR won't be getting any more of my money. RacerX here I come.

I came on here today to see if anyone else got their issue. The Internet Bike test issue was TWO issues ago. This is the October issue, so you may be SOL. Jimmy didn't apologize by any stretch of the imagination. Let's just say that it made me sick to my stomach to read his rebuttal. Let's not forget that he made a huge issue about the sound of the bike, yet rode on trails marked "Closed". Way to do "your" part to help keep trails open, you hypocrite!!!

its really not even worth wasting another thought about.

Absolutely right... thanks for all your work Eddie.

:thumbsup:

I would have been nice if he would have at lest recognized the fact that the project bike went from concept to completion in a very short time. The stator problem could then be attributed to lack of time to properly test the bike. Also, the incessant whining about the loudness of the exhaust or their lack of desire to utilize the extra set of wheels/tires to really test the flexibility of the bike, does nothing but reveal their laziness and inability to recognize an easy fix (such as a quiet core). Bitching about a too loud exhaust and then riding down closed trails is totally hypocritical as well. :thumbsup: In a word: Pathetic!