Sign in to follow this  

I made my DRZ worse

I live in Tucson Az about 2300 ft.

Have the 3x3 on an S. With a 140 main jet - every thing else exaclty like the 3x3 mod. I was gettinng a little bog right off idle.

Changed the main to a 136 and the bog is worse. should I have gone to a 142?

Yes I made a 3x3 temp plate and cut pretty accurate. But I have the CDI unit in the original peg holders and it over laps the hole a bit.

I have run the 3x3 mod for 1 & 1/2 years and it has been good with just a bit of a bog. I wanted to get rid of it all togather and made it worse.

I put a 142.5 main in and things are better but there is a still a stumble off of idle. Fine for road riding or shifting quickly through the gears but not good off road.

So far I have used a 136, 140 and 142.5 and still have a stumble. Maybe a pilot jet change?

On the good side I am getting good at changing jets with carb on bike.

Yes, I folowed the directions exactly. The bike had this stumble when it was new. It is worse in hot weather (Arizona) and is better when it is cooler.

Ocuh means I will have to do the whole carb removal.

Will do but will have to wait - too much time on jetting already this weekend. Wife is starting to complain and bike is ridable.

Finally got around to changing the needle setting and it made a night and day difference.

Thanks Burned