Sign in to follow this  

software/equipment ideas needed (25hr flyer)

can anyone suggest software or equipment to convert a publisher file to a jpg?

I'm trying to get the 25 hour out and my local guru hung it up. i need to convert the publisher file so I can start sending out the flyers electronically. Seems like most people don't have Publisher and can't open it.

On a side note, I apoligize for the flyers being late. Red Bull was talking about major participation and then flaked out. haven't heard from them in weeks , so I'm going with what I have.

Action Motorsports, Trailtech,and Cyclops will be back and Nightrider will help out with their new battery-powered bike and helmet lights for you hard-core mx'ers.

We will be doing things a little different this year, 4 man/4 bike Pro teams, a beginner class for newbies. Expert and amateur Ironman classes ( yes, I will look at lap times for sandbaggers)

One major change will be giving out the swag. Instead of awarding stuff to winners, we will raffle most of it over the 3 days. Starting around 7pm Friday night, we will be announcing winners of stuff. Every registered team member gets a raffle ticket, and we will be broadcasting raffles, interviews, and race updates on 88.7FM. Be sure and bring an FM radio to tune in!

Looks like we will have 1 or 2 radar trailers set-up to show top speed or our 5mph limit in the pits. Planning on the fire jump(weather permitting), the farmhouse&barn, lots of new course.

ALso, always looking for course marshals. Seems like the last 3 years I was the only sweeper out from about 2 to 5 am.Makes for a short night for me. :thumbsup:

can anyone suggest software or equipment to convert a publisher file to a jpg?

Send it to me and I will convert it: kent@rutsoregon.org

Or, if you prefer to buy: Scansoft PDF Converter 3 Professional is a cheap solution.

Scoot,

You should shoot Trav a PM, he might be the man to answer your techie questions (and he has experience doing nice race flyers).

I may be a volunteer for you this year, haven't been on my bike all summer and not sure I'll be up to racing speed by then. If I don't race, I'll be glad to help out, especially with stoking the fire jump! We'll see...