Sign in to follow this  

MCCT Today!

I have an 03 KLX and although those ACCT has been less prone to failure, the fact that that it stretches the cam chain had me a little worried so I went ahead and ordered the MCCT from TT and got it the other day.....very fast shipping from TT BTW! :thumbsup::applause:

The instructions that came with the MCCT were a little different than the method I've seen posted on here many times though and I'm not quite sure why. It says I need to remove the crank bolt access cover and finger tighten the MCCT adjuster bolt while turning the crankshaft by hand. :ride:

The other question I had is when I remove the ACCT do I just take it out or do I need to remove tension from it or something like that first?

Is it easier to tell when the tensioner is lightly contacting the cam chain with the valve cover off? I have the bike stripped down a bit for some other maintenance so I could pop the valve cover off easy.

Follow the instructions posted on TT. Just unbolt the ACCT to take it out. Install the MCCT and snug it by hand till you feel it touch the internal tensioner. Start the bike and back out the MCCT bolt till hearing the rattle. Tighten till noise just goes away, then lock the MCCT nut down. Then forget about it and ride. I had a hard time forgetting about it, but it was good advice..

HHHMMM I just installed mine today per the instructions that came with it hope they work too :thumbsup:

Either way works but the Eddie "burned" method is much easier.

I got it in easy as pie. Didn't have to remove anything but that ball head allen set that TT sent me just paid for itself!! :thumbsup:

I still have a few other things to do before I button everything up and start the bike. :ride:

I'll be sleeping better knowing I'm not spring loading the cam chain anymore:applause:

I found it better to listen for the rattle with the motor cold. It's alot harder to leave it alone.

I found it better to listen for the rattle with the motor cold. It's alot harder to leave it alone.

I too noticed the rattle was more distinct when the motor was cold. The wide open Muzzy pipe does make it a little difficult to hear anything though! :thumbsup:

I am deaf as a post so I did mine per the instructions. Works great and should be one of the first mods for everybody.

HHHMMM I just installed mine today per the instructions that came with it hope they work too :thumbsup:

Our instructions are the safest way to install the part. Remember, we live in the land of liability, so instructions need to error on the side of caution. If you follow our instructions to the letter, the installation will be right.

I dunno what the OEM CCT cost but I seen 04 and 06 models with almost 30k miles and the CCT works properly..One may be better off with OEM..IMO

I dunno what the OEM CCT cost but I seen 04 and 06 models with almost 30k miles and the CCT works properly..One may be better off with OEM..IMO

Tell that to the people who had to change their cam chains after only 2000 miles due to pre mature stretch caused by the ACCT..... :thumbsup:

Tell that to the people who had to change their cam chains after only 2000 miles due to pre mature stretch caused by the ACCT..... :thumbsup:

That in 04 models and newer?

yes,especially on them.the first 3 versions had a pretty big failure rate.the latest tensioner just stretches the crap out of the chain.

So you've convinced me. My bike is 5 weeks old with about 850 miles on it. BUT what's going to happen to my warranty when I install a MCCT?

Thanks Eddie but that probably won't hold water on this side of the border. However, I just ordered it anyway.They want $32.90 for postage to Canada. I'm only 15 miles from the border!!