Sign in to follow this  

MCCT Today!

Pardon my ignorance... but what are the symptoms of a stretched cam chain.

So you've convinced me. My bike is 5 weeks old with about 850 miles on it. BUT what's going to happen to my warranty when I install a MCCT?

reinstall the ACCT if you need to take it in under warranty, if your worried.

So you've convinced me. My bike is 5 weeks old with about 850 miles on it. BUT what's going to happen to my warranty when I install a MCCT?

Hang on to the ACCT...should you have a problem...(the beauty of a bolt on)put the ACCT back in....they won't know the difference unless you tell them...

Thanks Johnnyaggro & obianmcc that's what I'll do. I took the bike out yesterday with the MCCT installed and I rode it hard for about 75 miles(120km) across alot of really rocky terrain in the mountains. It seems to be holding up well.

Pardon my ignorance... but what are the symptoms of a stretched cam chain.

A cam chain that is too long :applause:

A stretched chain will change the valve timing, probably not enough to worry about though.

If you stay with the ACCT it will run out of travel, and then the chain will be noisy.

Eventually though the stretched chain will snap, and that is very bad news.

Neil. :thumbsup::ride::applause:

:thumbsup: Ordered three of the MCCT from TT. The threads were loose on two and correct on the third. Probably won't matter but the machine shop who makes these needs to watch the tap hole size!

:thumbsup: Ordered three of the MCCT from TT. The threads were loose on two and correct on the third. Probably won't matter but the machine shop who makes these needs to watch the tap hole size!

Please explain to a nOOb what you mean by loose threads.....mine seemed fine. :ride: