Sign in to follow this  

Fuel draining out on 2003 XR50r

I just bought a nice '03 XR50r for my 5 year old son, it starts right up and runs great but after you shut it off it leaves a puddle of fuel from leaking out of the black overflow line pointed at the ground............. any quick fixes?

:thumbsup:

sounds like your float needle is bad or maybe just a little corroded with rfg. take apart the carb and clean. if you see a ring on the rubber of the float needle this is the prob.

sounds like your float needle is bad or maybe just a little corroded with rfg. take apart the carb and clean. if you see a ring on the rubber of the float needle this is the prob.

+1 :thumbsup:

Awesome, thanks................. Is there a baseline adjustment for the air/fuel mixture screw or anything else I need to know?

Mine did that when it was new, it didn't leave a big puddle but I think a little leakage is normal.

Not on my 1984 Z50R. I can leave the petcock in the On position for years and nothing leaks from the carubretor. I still turn it off though when it's parked. Just in case. But if you're too lazy to pull out the carburetor, you could just turn the petcock to the Off position.